Is 2021 finally the end for Sears/Kmart?

jamcool
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Is 2021 finally the end for Sears/Kmart?

Post by jamcool »

Chiraq has its own unique problems.
HCal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HCal »

Imagine the year is 2080. Walmart, Target, Costco and Macy's are nothing but memories.

Sears has just put out a press release announcing the latest round of closures, including 2 Sears stores and 1 Kmart store, bringing the count down to 4 Sears and 2 Kmarts remaining in the country.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by storewanderer »

HCal wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 1:03 am Imagine the year is 2080. Walmart, Target, Costco and Macy's are nothing but memories.

Sears has just put out a press release announcing the latest round of closures, including 2 Sears stores and 1 Kmart store, bringing the count down to 4 Sears and 2 Kmarts remaining in the country.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I went to the Grass Valley, CA Kmart and noticed they have inventory tags from the inventory contractor hanging all over the store. They also have received a good lot of various back to school merchandise and have some items (crayons, glue, and the like) actually tagged with sale tags.

Clothing area looked as if it had been restocked as well.

Hardlines area still very limited and 40% of the sales floor is blocked off.

In the home category they have an aisle or two of US POLO ASSN sheets at price points way too high for Kmart.

Store had almost no customers, no music playing, and a really weird vibe. I have never been a fan of this particular Kmart for some reason I cannot exactly state. Ironic it is one of the last ones left.