Kmart/Sears Loyalty Card

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
storewanderer

Kmart/Sears Loyalty Card

Post by storewanderer »

It appears Kmart/Sears now has a loyalty card similar to the CVS card but not being tied to price.

I was in a Kmart earlier in the week and was pretty surprised by the application process. The cashier asked the customer if the customer wanted to sign up, and the customer agreed. The cashier provided the customer the paper application and just stood there while the customer filled it out. The customer completed it and handed it to the cashier. The cashier then did a function on the register and proceeded to type all of the info from the application into the register then scanned a barcode on the bottom of the application. The cash register then initiated the transaction and the cashier scanned the customer's items. This application process took close to 5 minutes due to a slowly writing customer and even slower at data entry cashier. I watched another person sign up at the next register over and that one took about 3 minutes.

This sure doesn't seem very efficient. Kmart just can't seem to get anything right no matter how many things they try.
Super S

Re: Kmart/Sears Loyalty Card

Post by Super S »

The ONLY way a program like this might work at Kmart/Sears is if they give a rebate of some sort for using it. If you need to use the card just to purchase items at a sale price, it has a very good possibility of backfiring, especially since the big players, Walmart & Target, don't have such a program. There are many people that do not like these programs, especially when they ask for a lot of personal information, which sounds like what Kmart is doing.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

That is how it works. You get a percentage of your purchase back. The card is not being required for sale prices. It works similar to the CVS card, I think. I did not actually sign up. I don't think the cashier would have signed up Monty Burns of 500 Power Plant Road in Los Angeles, CA at 90001.
apteafan
Cart Collector
Cart Collector

Post by apteafan »

I have myrewards card, but the scanner isn't able to process the code on the back of the card, and the clerk has to manually type in the 20 long string of characters.

I enjoy totaling up the points and be able to cash them in.