Macy's to close 100 stores

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
timanny
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Re: Macy's to close 100 stores

Post by timanny »

I feel like the Stockton store needs to relocate to the Eight Mile Rd/I- 5 corridor. It would do a lot better there. But It would also kill Sherwood Mall and possibly the rest of Pacific Avenue.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

A relocation is an interesting idea for Stockton. What ever happened to the planned mall and planned Macys in Elk Grove that were partially built a decade ago? I guess nobody is planning to revisit that project at present? That was along 99 though wasn't it?

Macys after they get their current store closure process completed should think about some strategic relocations in some of these single mall markets.
timanny
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Post by timanny »

I had forgotten about the Elk Grove project. Wasn't there also a Gottschalk's in Elk Grove that was separate from that project that was already open? I seem to remember there was, and thinking that Macy's would take that space as they did Tracy. Of course, Elk Grove is a more lucrative market, so they would want a more conventional 2-story.

But I also figured that the demise of Gottschalk's would open the door for Nordstrom to come to Modesto, so I have much to learn about these things.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

There was a very short lived Gottschalk's in Elk Grove at the NW corner of 99 and Elk Grove Blvd. inside what is now a Wal Mart Neighborhood Market (former Pak N Save). Talk about a building that went around the block and back... probably short lived because it opened right before the chain went under.
Attachments
Photo935.jpg
Photo934.jpg
Photo940.jpg
Photo939.jpg
Photo938.jpg
Photo937.jpg
Photo936.jpg
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

It was confirmed today in the mainstream press that Macy's is going to close its Portland downtown store in spring 2017: http://www.oregonlive.com/window-shop/i ... re_of.html
Super S

Post by Super S »

SamSpade wrote:It was confirmed today in the mainstream press that Macy's is going to close its Portland downtown store in spring 2017: http://www.oregonlive.com/window-shop/i ... re_of.html
The article also mentions that Salem's Lancaster Mall location is closing. Not surprised that Salem is losing a store.

Here is the local article for Salem:

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/m ... /93621302/