Gottschalk by Joe Levy

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
storewanderer

Gottschalk by Joe Levy

Post by storewanderer »

Initial location to open in former Gottschalks Clovis at Sierra Vista Mall in November; negotiations for the vacated stores in Oakhurst and Auburn to re-open under the new ownership group are also pending.

What does everyone think of this?
Alpha8472

Re: Gottschalk by Joe Levy

Post by Alpha8472 »

I was never very familiar with the original company called Gottschalks. I visited their Davis store a few times when I was in college. The store was brand new and it was very well kept. They never did much business, but they had a decent selection of items. You could describe it as a small version of Macy's. It was the only department store in town so people didn't have a choice of shopping anywhere else for clothes.

The name of Gottschalk's is only familiar to people around the Sacramento Valley and Central Valley of California. They will probably do decent business as long as the prices are competitive and customer service is good. They should also pay for some TV commercials to get the news out that new stores are opening. Even stores like Macy's, which are well known, are having problems luring in customers these days. People are shopping at discount stores and avoiding expensive department stores.