And another one bites the dust!

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
wyoretailman
Front-End Bagger
Front-End Bagger

And another one bites the dust!

Post by wyoretailman »

I heard this heard this a few days back. It looks like another store is closing here in Casper, WY. Per the story at the link below it looks like the Macy’s at Eastridge Mall here closing and the thanking for not shopping at our store to often sale is going to start in a few weeks. https://oilcitywyo.com/city/2018/12/31/ ... arly-2019/ This will leave our mall with two big holes with Sears already in the process of having their going out of business sale. On a good note if the information I heard when still working at Target is true they are supposed undergo a remodel this year sometime. Also when researching Macy’s store closings I am not finding a long list, but rather I am only seeing this one store listed on local media sources.
storewanderer

Re: And another one bites the dust!

Post by storewanderer »

I would venture the mall is in some trouble with two vacant anchor spaces. The Macy's interior looks pretty dire (probably mostly original to the 80's). I can't find any photos of the Sears interior. The JC Penney interior looks fairly modern as if it got new flooring and lights/ceiling tiles in the past 15 years.

But with other stores present like Target, Dick's, Best Buy, and Bed Bath and Beyond, maybe it will be okay. Do those all have connections into the mall?
Super S

Re: And another one bites the dust!

Post by Super S »

storewanderer wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 7:09 pm I would venture the mall is in some trouble with two vacant anchor spaces. The Macy's interior looks pretty dire (probably mostly original to the 80's). I can't find any photos of the Sears interior. The JC Penney interior looks fairly modern as if it got new flooring and lights/ceiling tiles in the past 15 years.

But with other stores present like Target, Dick's, Best Buy, and Bed Bath and Beyond, maybe it will be okay. Do those all have connections into the mall?
I haven't been to Casper in years, as I no longer have family there. But I do remember visiting the mall in the 1980s, and at least at that time, Target opened into the mall (That was also the first Target I had ever visited)

Macy's is interesting in how they seem to be keeping their stores in the Grade A malls updated, while letting others keep going with little to no updating until a lease ends or something. I do remember going into the Kelso, WA store right before it closed and the inside mostly looked like the Bon days. I am seeing others with little things like weathering paint on the outside, and flooring developing cracks/wear on the inside, as well as dated fluorescent light fixtures in some stores, which seem out of place in a higher priced store.