Sears Launches Online Grocery Delivery

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
Alpha8472

Sears Launches Online Grocery Delivery

Post by Alpha8472 »

http://supermarketnews.com/news/sears_g ... index.html

Sears has begun online grocery delivery service in New York City and the Hamptons area of Long Island, New York. They will begin Chicago service later this summer.

The service delivers groceries from Kmart locations.

They can deliver grocery products, prescriptions and electronics through the website http://www.MyGofer.com

I have experienced Safeway grocery delivery. The service is ok. A delivery person shows up with your items and even unloads the items into your refrigerator. However, the prices online are very often different than in-store prices. The online prices are higher. I have checked many items and indeed the website had higher prices. Basically, online delivery is for rich people who either don't have time to shop or people who are housebound. The shipping is also an added cost.

I don't think that Sears has any competition in the online grocery business in the New York area. They might actually do decent business with this. It's a rip off of course, but there are rich people who are willing to pay for this service.
Super S

Re: Sears Launches Online Grocery Delivery

Post by Super S »

Are there any Super Kmarts in this area? If not how do they expect this to work?
storewanderer

Re: Sears Launches Online Grocery Delivery

Post by storewanderer »

I don't think they are selling a complete line of groceries. Just whatever groceries a standard Kmart offers.

As usual, Sears trying to make a service they offer sound much better than it really is.