Wild Cougar Shot Outside Macy's

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
Alpha8472

Wild Cougar Shot Outside Macy's

Post by Alpha8472 »

A wild cougar was spotted outside the downtown Santa Rosa, California Macy's. It was shot with a tranquilizer dart and dragged away. They released it into the wild away from the city.

There were wild fires in the area and wildlife has been driven closer and closer to urban areas.

Have there been any other wild animal problems with retail in other parts of the country?
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Wild Cougar Shot Outside Macy's

Post by rwsandiego »

Alpha8472 wrote: April 30th, 2019, 9:44 pm A wild cougar was spotted outside the downtown Santa Rosa, California Macy's. It was shot with a tranquilizer dart and dragged away. They released it into the wild away from the city.

There were wild fires in the area and wildlife has been driven closer and closer to urban areas.

Have there been any other wild animal problems with retail in other parts of the country?
There was that coyote who walked into a Quizno's in downtown Chicago back in '07.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html
submariner
Founder of RetailWatchers.com

Post by submariner »

Cougars at Macy's is nothing new :shock: :lol:
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

submariner wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 6:14 pm Cougars at Macy's is nothing new :shock: :lol:
Take a stroll into Bloomingdale's sometime. :lol: :roll: :P
submariner

Post by submariner »

Continuing the thread, I haven't heard about retail environments, but in the 1-mile Disneysphere here in Anaheim, there's plenty of Coyote sightings in the neighborhoods now, even my own. The reports are becoming more prevalent now, especially with the rise of internet-enabled doorbell cameras.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

submariner wrote: May 4th, 2019, 8:48 am Continuing the thread, I haven't heard about retail environments, but in the 1-mile Disneysphere here in Anaheim, there's plenty of Coyote sightings in the neighborhoods now, even my own. The reports are becoming more prevalent now, especially with the rise of internet-enabled doorbell cameras.
Although none of them ended up in or at the local VONS, we had plenty of coyotes in my old San Diego neighborhood (Normal Heights). Between 2013 - 2016 (when I moved) there seemed to be a daytime coyote sighting at least once every two to three months.