"Disney stores" to open in some Target locations

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

"Disney stores" to open in some Target locations

Post by Brian Lutz »

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/ta ... ationwide/

Announced at Disney's D23 Expo this weekend, 25 Target locations nationwide will be opening Disney "Store-within-a-store" sections in October, with an additional 40 being added in 2020. Also announced was a new Target location at the Western entrance to Walt Disney World.

Not sure where they plan to put these, but I'm guessing the Target stores closest to Disney parks (such as the two locations along Harbor Boulevard in Anaheim and Fullerton) will be among the first, as they already seem to devote significant floor space to Disney merchandise given their close proximity to Disneyland.
Alpha8472

Re: "Disney stores" to open in some Target locations

Post by Alpha8472 »

Disney stores are high priced. Target usually sold items for less. Will this be a high priced area with more expensive items such as custom lightsabers or expensive Star Wars items?

Or will will this be like a Build A Bear opening up inside a Walmart?
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

Brian Lutz wrote: August 26th, 2019, 8:10 am https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/ta ... ationwide/

Announced at Disney's D23 Expo this weekend, 25 Target locations nationwide will be opening Disney "Store-within-a-store" sections in October, with an additional 40 being added in 2020. Also announced was a new Target location at the Western entrance to Walt Disney World.

Not sure where they plan to put these, but I'm guessing the Target stores closest to Disney parks (such as the two locations along Harbor Boulevard in Anaheim and Fullerton) will be among the first, as they already seem to devote significant floor space to Disney merchandise given their close proximity to Disneyland.
There are a list of stores in this story:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 099498001/
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 2:23 pm Disney stores are high priced. Target usually sold items for less. Will this be a high priced area with more expensive items such as custom lightsabers or expensive Star Wars items?

Or will will this be like a Build A Bear opening up inside a Walmart?
If the Disney section inside the SuperTarget near Walt Disney World is any indication, it will be much cheaper than the Disney stores. They've had a large Disney section ever since the store opened 10 or so years ago.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Have they remodeled the Anaheim store? It was a dump the last time I was in there
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

I believe the Anaheim store did get remodeled at some point, although I haven't been there in a while. I do know that the Fullerton store at Harbor and Orangethorpe got remodeled and is quite nice, although it is in a slightly awkward location. I recall that the Anaheim store retained the 90s neon decor package for quite a bit longer than some of the other stores in the area.

And looking at the initial list I see that my local store (Lake Stevens) is on there. which is a bit of a surprise since it's a bit of an out-of-the-way location and seems to be the only one in Washington. Then again, there are two regular Disney stores at Southcenter and Bellevue Square, and an outlet store in Quil Ceda Village. My guess is that the store was chosen because it has unused space that used to be a portrait studio where they can place it. I'll report on it when it opens.

As for prices, I read one article that suggested that most of the Disney items sold in Target stores should be priced under $20, although some may go as high as 200.
submariner
Founder of RetailWatchers.com

Post by submariner »

jamcool wrote: August 27th, 2019, 6:38 am Have they remodeled the Anaheim store? It was a dump the last time I was in there
If you're talking the one at Harbor & Chapman, it's technically in Garden Grove (called "Garden Grove - North", it's a mile or so from my house). But they are currently in the middle of a total remodel:
IMG_0659.jpeg
IMG_0660.jpeg
IMG_0656.jpeg
IMG_0655.jpeg
IMG_0657.jpeg
IMG_0416.jpeg
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

submariner wrote: August 28th, 2019, 5:49 am
jamcool wrote: August 27th, 2019, 6:38 am Have they remodeled the Anaheim store? It was a dump the last time I was in there
If you're talking the one at Harbor & Chapman, it's technically in Garden Grove (called "Garden Grove - North", it's a mile or so from my house). But they are currently in the middle of a total remodel:

IMG_0659.jpeg
IMG_0660.jpeg
IMG_0656.jpeg
IMG_0655.jpeg
IMG_0657.jpeg
IMG_0416.jpeg
Weird-looking store, what is that, an old FedMart?
klkla

Post by klkla »

pseudo3d wrote: August 28th, 2019, 8:11 am Weird-looking store, what is that, an old FedMart?
If was a pretty standard looking FedMart.

There's a photo of it on this page:
http://pleasantfamilyshopping.blogspot. ... dmart.html
submariner

Post by submariner »

klkla wrote:
pseudo3d wrote: August 28th, 2019, 8:11 am Weird-looking store, what is that, an old FedMart?
If was a pretty standard looking FedMart.

There's a photo of it on this page:
http://pleasantfamilyshopping.blogspot. ... dmart.html
Noted at the bottom, that Fedmart pictured is exactly the same target store today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk