Aeropostale

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Aeropostale

Post by cjd »

I was out of town at a mall I hadn't been to since probably 2012. Surprisingly the Aeropostale store there was still open. Seems Aero has cleaned things up a bit. The last time I had been the store was very dark and the music was very loud. Mostly there where tables of merchandise that had been somewhat sloppily folded, it almost looked like a store closing sale.

This time the store was well lit, had a nicer layout and had both items on nice wooden hangers and neatly folded and stacked. Sizes were all organized well. The music was still a bit louder than say Dillard's or JCPenney, but wasn't the loud rave levels heard previously.

Seems Aero has turned things around a bit, at least from what I saw.
storewanderer

Re: Aeropostale

Post by storewanderer »

Technically the old Aero went under and went out of business (fully liquidated its goods and closed up shop). Some mall landlords bought the brand name and have kept the chain running in a limited number of locations which is the new Aero.

The local store in my area is as you describe as well; cleaner, organized and presented reasonably well, but with a lot less product than before.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

storewanderer wrote: December 31st, 2019, 9:09 pm Technically the old Aero went under and went out of business (fully liquidated its goods and closed up shop). Some mall landlords bought the brand name and have kept the chain running in a limited number of locations which is the new Aero.

The local store in my area is as you describe as well; cleaner, organized and presented reasonably well, but with a lot less product than before.
One thing I've noticed is there is usually Aero merchandise at my local discount stores such as Ross. But it is a bit different in style than the classic Aeropostale items were. But what I saw at the Aero store seems to be more like the older clothes they offered before bankruptcy I guess. Not sure what that is.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

There's still an Aeropostale location at the Tulalip outlet mall north of Seattle, but I haven't been in there recently to see what it looks like. I'm not aware of any remaining mall locations around here though.