Target Raising Wage To $15

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Target Raising Wage To $15

Post by veteran+ »

storewanderer wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 9:22 pm
mbz321 wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 8:39 am Raising the wage is just another PR stunt. Most of Target's workforce is part time, and very few get the maximum amount of hours. $15 an hour isn't any good when you might only be scheduled 15 hours a week (unless you are just doing it as an 'extra' job)>
Yes, I have heard Target scheduling people as few as 4 hours in a week in hopes they quit (vs. get laid off and go collect unemployment). Many retailers do that. I haven't heard of Wal Mart doing that. When I shop at Target, I never see the same employees twice. So either there is massive turnover or they just have a lot of employees being scheduled few hours every week. Ever. Can't say that for Wal Mart where I recognize a number of employees every time I go in who have been there at least a few years.
Most retailers do this for in insurance coverage issues and weeding out problem employees.

Fresh & Easy tried to force me and a select few managers to do this.

I refused! Most of my employees were full time.

But, from time to time I used that technique to weed out toxic employees that were undermining the operation.