Bi-Mart's Cascade Farm and Outdoor

Super S

Bi-Mart's Cascade Farm and Outdoor

Post by Super S »

It looks like Bi-Mart is trying a new store concept:

https://www.cascadefarmandoutdoor.com/

They now have three locations.

I have yet to see one of these stores in person, but worth noting are several product categories that seem to overlap, and it does make you wonder if Bi-Mart intends to eventually convert any of their existing stores, especially when you consider how they are closing some of their pharmacies.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Bi-Mart's Cascade Farm and Outdoor

Post by jamcool »

Apparently a competitor to Tractor Supply Co and CAL Ranch Stores
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

jamcool wrote: August 14th, 2019, 6:39 am Apparently a competitor to Tractor Supply Co and CAL Ranch Stores
More like Coastal Farm and Ranch and WIlco.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

TSC appears to have pulled back (?) from Oregon. I thought there was one in Pendleton... although now that I think about it, that is actually D&B (again, similar market, based in Idaho).

There is a TSC in Walla Walla and a few through southwest Washington.
Locally, definitely more like a competitor to Coastal Farm & Ranch (gotta love that they still have a jingle) and Wilco Farm Stores.
Super S

Post by Super S »

SamSpade wrote: August 15th, 2019, 8:41 am TSC appears to have pulled back (?) from Oregon. I thought there was one in Pendleton... although now that I think about it, that is actually D&B (again, similar market, based in Idaho).

Locally, definitely more like a competitor to Coastal Farm & Ranch (gotta love that they still have a jingle) and Wilco Farm Stores.
I didn't know there were so few Tractor Supply locations in Oregon. Here in WA they have popped up in quite a few locations, including a new building in Kelso (in a kinda weird location) a few years back.

Haven't been to Coastal, but Wilco, despite advertising they are a co-op, has prices that are high in comparison to other feed type stores. This includes chains and local operations. I will admit though that with the closure of the local Ace Hardware, they are one of the few places left with a decent bulk hardware selection (nuts, bolts, etc.)
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Super S wrote: August 18th, 2019, 7:49 am
SamSpade wrote: August 15th, 2019, 8:41 am TSC appears to have pulled back (?) from Oregon. I thought there was one in Pendleton... although now that I think about it, that is actually D&B (again, similar market, based in Idaho).

I didn't know there were so few Tractor Supply locations in Oregon. Here in WA they have popped up in quite a few locations, including a new building in Kelso (in a kinda weird location) a few years back.

Haven't been to Coastal, but Wilco, despite advertising they are a co-op, has prices that are high in comparison to other feed type stores. This includes chains and local operations. I will admit though that with the closure of the local Ace Hardware, they are one of the few places left with a decent bulk hardware selection (nuts, bolts, etc.)
I was very surprised how high the prices at Coastal were. I was there on a day when they had "everything 15% off" but even with that, the place still seemed extremely expensive.