Bi-Mart's Cascade Farm and Outdoor

Post Reply
Super S
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1563
Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:27 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Status: Offline

Bi-Mart's Cascade Farm and Outdoor

Post by Super S » August 13th, 2019, 1:10 pm

It looks like Bi-Mart is trying a new store concept:

https://www.cascadefarmandoutdoor.com/

They now have three locations.

I have yet to see one of these stores in person, but worth noting are several product categories that seem to overlap, and it does make you wonder if Bi-Mart intends to eventually convert any of their existing stores, especially when you consider how they are closing some of their pharmacies.

jamcool
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 322
Joined: March 5th, 2009, 10:27 pm
Been thanked: 2 times
Status: Offline

Re: Bi-Mart's Cascade Farm and Outdoor

Post by jamcool » August 14th, 2019, 6:39 am

Apparently a competitor to Tractor Supply Co and CAL Ranch Stores

babs
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 174
Joined: December 20th, 2016, 3:08 pm
Been thanked: 5 times
Status: Offline

Re: Bi-Mart's Cascade Farm and Outdoor

Post by babs » August 14th, 2019, 11:11 pm

jamcool wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 6:39 am
Apparently a competitor to Tractor Supply Co and CAL Ranch Stores
More like Coastal Farm and Ranch and WIlco.

SamSpade
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 744
Joined: September 13th, 2015, 4:39 pm
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Status: Offline

Re: Bi-Mart's Cascade Farm and Outdoor

Post by SamSpade » August 15th, 2019, 8:41 am

TSC appears to have pulled back (?) from Oregon. I thought there was one in Pendleton... although now that I think about it, that is actually D&B (again, similar market, based in Idaho).

There is a TSC in Walla Walla and a few through southwest Washington.
Locally, definitely more like a competitor to Coastal Farm & Ranch (gotta love that they still have a jingle) and Wilco Farm Stores.

Super S
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1563
Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:27 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Status: Offline

Re: Bi-Mart's Cascade Farm and Outdoor

Post by Super S » August 18th, 2019, 7:49 am

SamSpade wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 8:41 am
TSC appears to have pulled back (?) from Oregon. I thought there was one in Pendleton... although now that I think about it, that is actually D&B (again, similar market, based in Idaho).

There is a TSC in Walla Walla and a few through southwest Washington.
Locally, definitely more like a competitor to Coastal Farm & Ranch (gotta love that they still have a jingle) and Wilco Farm Stores.
I didn't know there were so few Tractor Supply locations in Oregon. Here in WA they have popped up in quite a few locations, including a new building in Kelso (in a kinda weird location) a few years back.

Haven't been to Coastal, but Wilco, despite advertising they are a co-op, has prices that are high in comparison to other feed type stores. This includes chains and local operations. I will admit though that with the closure of the local Ace Hardware, they are one of the few places left with a decent bulk hardware selection (nuts, bolts, etc.)

storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 4348
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 3:54 pm
Been thanked: 31 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Bi-Mart's Cascade Farm and Outdoor

Post by storewanderer » August 18th, 2019, 10:56 am

Super S wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 7:49 am
SamSpade wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 8:41 am
TSC appears to have pulled back (?) from Oregon. I thought there was one in Pendleton... although now that I think about it, that is actually D&B (again, similar market, based in Idaho).

There is a TSC in Walla Walla and a few through southwest Washington.
Locally, definitely more like a competitor to Coastal Farm & Ranch (gotta love that they still have a jingle) and Wilco Farm Stores.
I didn't know there were so few Tractor Supply locations in Oregon. Here in WA they have popped up in quite a few locations, including a new building in Kelso (in a kinda weird location) a few years back.

Haven't been to Coastal, but Wilco, despite advertising they are a co-op, has prices that are high in comparison to other feed type stores. This includes chains and local operations. I will admit though that with the closure of the local Ace Hardware, they are one of the few places left with a decent bulk hardware selection (nuts, bolts, etc.)
I was very surprised how high the prices at Coastal were. I was there on a day when they had "everything 15% off" but even with that, the place still seemed extremely expensive.

Post Reply