Dick's acquiring 31 Sports Authority stores

submariner
Founder of RetailWatchers.com
Founder of RetailWatchers.com

Re: Dick's acquiring 31 Sports Authority stores

Post by submariner »

BatteryMill wrote:What will the Target thing be? Maybe more of their small-format things? I can't tell exactly how big that location is.
It's sandwiched between a Home Depot (in 2006, the largest HD in the nation at 245k sq. ft.) and Nordstrom Rack (50k sq. ft.). Reports put it at 50k square feet. By contrast, the nearest Target in Redwood City is 126,405 square feet.

Target Express stores are usually in the 20k square foot range, so this property purchase is intriguing, as I can't find any hint of Nordstrom Rack closing (which would net Target a potential 100k square feet).
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

It looks like TJX also grabbed 3 of these, which I assume will become TJMaxx/Marshall's or HomeGoods stores, or possibly combination stores like I've seen in some places. The big box places like that are probably a bit too big for a standard TJMaxx/Marshall's store, so the combination stores seem most likely.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

The Denver "Sportscastle" is safe. The Gart family owns it. Luckily, there are no plans to demolish the beautiful (exterior anyway) building.
Sportscastle owners planning for a future without Sports Authority