Dollar General reaches record settlement with Vermont over pricing discrepancies

cathandler
Front-End Supervisor
Front-End Supervisor

Dollar General reaches record settlement with Vermont over pricing discrepancies

Post by cathandler »

SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Dollar General reaches record settlement with Vermont over pricing discrepancies

Post by SamSpade »

I wonder if this is partially why Target has stayed out of Vermont?
But yes, stores should charge the same price on shelf tags and at the cash register.
storewanderer

Re: Dollar General reaches record settlement with Vermont over pricing discrepancies

Post by storewanderer »

Amazed Vermont is the only state that has done this.

I had an overcharge at a Dollar General (was like 20 cents or something) a couple years ago and the cashier's solution was to reach into his pocket and put the cash toward my transaction rather than override the price (he said he was the only employee there and the person with the key to do overrides had gone to lunch)... did not like that too much.

Recently had an overcharge at Family Dollar where the clerk told me "all the prices in here are wrong because we haven't updated tags yet." That is nice, we can go do a price check then you can fix the price. She didn't seem to understand the concept of fixing the price in the register initially, but after a walk back to the aisle she agreed to.