Wells Fargo: No more stagecoach?

storewanderer

Wells Fargo: No more stagecoach?

Post by storewanderer »

A Wells Fargo here got new signs for some reason. The new signs are simply square boxes that say Wells Fargo. No stagecoaches. Are they eliminating the stagecoaches? Oddly the branch that got new signs is the branch that received the accounts of the sole northern Nevada Wachovia location, which closed some months ago.

Maybe this is the signage for the prior Wachovia locations?
Alpha8472

Re: Wells Fargo: No more stagecoach?

Post by Alpha8472 »

I believe that it is all part of Wells Fargo's new look. They have simplified their logo and they want to keep a consistent look. They eliminated the stage coach to put the focus on their name. There are other companies that use a similar stage coach, and they don't want to have any confusion. You really can't copyright a stagecoach. Or more specifically, you can copyright your stagecoach, but other people can make their own stagecoach logo that is slightly different.

Wells Fargo took over my Wachovia branch and they got rid of Wachovia's nice decor. Wachovia had silver metal bank counters with a mirror finish. Their banks were amazingly stylish. Wells Fargo pasted over everything with fake wood and made the entire place ugly.

Wells Fargo is awful. They don't offer a free checking account and they got rid of Wachovia's Free Checking. Wells Fargo has terrible accounts that charge annoying fees and require minimum balances. They have lost tons of customers due to their awful fee gouging.

I found an even better place to bank: Alliant Credit Union. They have a Free Checking account with free checks that pays 1.5%. That is much better than any other major bank. I make hundreds of dollars in interest versus what I would get if I left my money at a big bank like Wells Fargo, Chase, BofA, or Citibank.

People need to shop around and compare rates. They can earn hundreds to thousands of dollars each year just by finding a better bank or credit union. I have compared rates online and Alliant Credit Union beats all of the major banks.

I am happy that I left the greedy and corrupt corporate banks for a not-for-profit credit union. Credit unions offer all the services of a bank and they are insured up to $250,000 just like the FDIC. Alliant Credit Union offers an even bigger ATM network. I have access to over 80,000 free ATMs at places such as Target, CVS, 7-Eleven, Chevron, USA Gas, many Safeway stores, Walgreens, other credit unions, US Bank, and Bank of the West. I can scan and deposit checks at home, and I don't get charged any monthly fees. I signed up online in a matter of minutes. PS. You can join Alliant by being a member of any organization that they have listed. I highly recommend the Orphan Foundation of America. It's just $10 and you will earn that back many times over by the money that Alliant pays you in interest. Alliant even deposits $5 into your savings account as a gift for signing up.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on August 28th, 2010, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Some people are still getting free checking at Wells Fargo. Maybe if you are grandfathered in you still get it.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

I was with First Interstate when Wells Fargo took them over, I left them when they charged me for my "free" checking account.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I guess I better keep my eyes open.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I really dislike huge and impersonal corporations. I have a friend who works at Wells Fargo headquarters in San Francisco. He says that there are tons of executives in the building who do very little work. The rich executives get big paychecks while the lower employees do all the work. Customer's are charged excessive and random fees just so that these corrupt bank executives can get huge salaries.

What is really disturbing is that a large number of Wachovia middle managers have moved into Wells Fargo's headquarters. They do very little work and were simply kept on the payroll due to the merger contract. These executives simply collect a paycheck and take up space in the building.

Wells Fargo offers a savings account rate of .05%. Alliant Credit Union offers 1.5%.

If you have $50,000 in an account with Wells Fargo, you earn $25 per year.

If you have $50,000 in an account with Alliant Credit Union, you earn $750 per year. That is $725 that you can earn just by banking with a credit union.

So in essence Wells Fargo is making tons of profit off of you and keeping most of it for themselves. Wells Fargo is robbing you blind when they can afford to pay you a decent rate on your money. It is time to move your money out of greedy banks and over to not-for-profit credit unions where they give money back to their members. With a credit union, you are the owner and you get your money back in the form of better rates.

Many people don't understand how much money they lose each year to banks, and simply give their money to greedy corporations because they don't know any better.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

Alpha8472 wrote:I believe that it is all part of Wells Fargo's new look. They have simplified their logo and they want to keep a consistent look. They eliminated the stage coach to put the focus on their name. There are other companies that use a similar stage coach, and they don't want to have any confusion. You really can't copyright a stagecoach. Or more specifically, you can copyright your stagecoach, but other people can make their own stagecoach logo that is slightly different.

Wells Fargo took over my Wachovia branch and they got rid of Wachovia's nice decor. Wachovia had silver metal bank counters with a mirror finish. Their banks were amazingly stylish. Wells Fargo pasted over everything with fake wood and made the entire place ugly.

Wells Fargo is awful. They don't offer a free checking account and they got rid of Wachovia's Free Checking. Wells Fargo has terrible accounts that charge annoying fees and require minimum balances. They have lost tons of customers due to their awful fee gouging.

I found an even better place to bank: Alliant Credit Union. They have a Free Checking account with free checks that pays 1.5%. That is much better than any other major bank. I make hundreds of dollars in interest versus what I would get if I left my money at a big bank like Wells Fargo, Chase, BofA, or Citibank.

People need to shop around and compare rates. They can earn hundreds to thousands of dollars each year just by finding a better bank or credit union. I have compared rates online and Alliant Credit Union beats all of the major banks.

I am happy that I left the greedy and corrupt corporate banks for a not-for-profit credit union. Credit unions offer all the services of a bank and they are insured up to $250,000 just like the FDIC. Alliant Credit Union offers an even bigger ATM network. I have access to over 80,000 free ATMs at places such as Target, CVS, 7-Eleven, Chevron, USA Gas, many Safeway stores, Walgreens, other credit unions, US Bank, and Bank of the West. I can scan and deposit checks at home, and I don't get charged any monthly fees. I signed up online in a matter of minutes. PS. You can join Alliant by being a member of any organization that they have listed. I highly recommend the Orphan Foundation of America. It's just $10 and you will earn that back many times over by the money that Alliant pays you in interest. Alliant even deposits $5 into your savings account as a gift for signing up.
Believe it or not,when I first opened an account some 13 years ago,I never even bothered with the big banks despite doing online research beforehand.I both joined a local credit union(that my folks have been with for at least 2 decades)and am still a member to this very day.Even when finances were up and down during my first few years(which encompassed a 1997 seasonal job and then during the early years of my current job),I don't even want to imagine what grief I would have suffered had a took my money to a big bank...
For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.