Convenience Store Sushi

Alpha8472

Convenience Store Sushi

Post by Alpha8472 »

There is a recall of sushi sold at 7-Eleven. This also affects Walgreens and Trader Joe's.

Do people actually buy sushi from convenience stores and gas stations? Is this even that popular? I see 7-Eleven branded sushi, but it appears that they get an outside company to make it on their behalf. The recalled sushi is contaminated with listeria monocytogenes and affects areas from the Midwest to the East Coast.

I have noticed many items at 7-Eleven with expired date stickers. They put expiration dates on with a sticker gun. Often, you see several layers of expiration stickers. It is as if they simply put new stickers on top of old stickers. Especially those plastic wrapped cookies.
storewanderer

Re: Convenience Store Sushi

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: December 4th, 2019, 5:06 pm There is a recall of sushi sold at 7-Eleven. This also affects Walgreens and Trader Joe's.

Do people actually buy sushi from convenience stores and gas stations? Is this even that popular? I see 7-Eleven branded sushi, but it appears that they get an outside company to make it on their behalf. The recalled sushi is contaminated with listeria monocytogenes and affects areas from the Midwest to the East Coast.

I have noticed many items at 7-Eleven with expired date stickers. They put expiration dates on with a sticker gun. Often, you see several layers of expiration stickers. It is as if they simply put new stickers on top of old stickers. Especially those plastic wrapped cookies.
It is possible at 7-Eleven they are reusing packaging but not removing the old expiration dates. But I wouldn't count on it.

On some Target.com in-store pick up orders I have done this month, the plastic bags have some other person's name and order number on them and have a pull date of a few days prior to when I go to pick up. I assume those are orders being returned to stock and they re-use the bags without removing the last person's stickers.

Also so ironic that 7-Eleven sushi and Trader Joe's sushi must come from the same place...