7-Eleven Opens Up More Evolution Stores

Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: 7-Eleven Opens Up More Evolution Stores

Post by Brian Lutz »

Most of the recent 7-eleven locations I've seen actually haven't had gas unless they were taking over an existing gas station location (in which case they'd probably retain the existing fuel brand instead of selling 7-Eleven gas.) A lot of the newer ones around here are in strip malls.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I saw a new 7-Eleven on Long Island in New York in 2018 with 7-Eleven gas pumps.

A Shell station in Concord, California converted their convenience store to 7-Eleven several months ago, but kept Shell gas.
Super S

Post by Super S »

There is one newer 7-Eleven location in Oregon that does have gas near Portland International Airport. This was brought in as part of a reconfiguration of the cell phone waiting area a couple years back which also added a couple fast food restaurants.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Super S wrote: March 7th, 2020, 1:00 pm There is one newer 7-Eleven location in Oregon that does have gas near Portland International Airport. This was brought in as part of a reconfiguration of the cell phone waiting area a couple years back which also added a couple fast food restaurants.
There are actually a couple of 7-Eleven locations near PDX with gasoline. The other one, I cannot say exactly where it is, but it is also a newer location within 10-15 minutes of PDX and I was once routed to it looking for gas near the airport. It is one of those newer locations that is basically just like a 40 year old location as far as layout and size goes once you get inside.

7-Eleven is particularly clueless on gas operations in OR. First off, very understaffed at the airport location. Secondly, the only thing you can do at the pump is "fill up" via credit card. If you are paying cash, you must go inside. If you want $10 of fuel on a credit card you must go inside. The attendants will not stand there and pump $10 for you, they will make you go in and pay the $10 to your credit card so the pump is pre set. Unlike other gas stations in OR where there is a "fuel to" option for the pump attendant to set then run a credit card, the 7-Eleven couldn't be bothered to make that work so they make it as difficult of a process as possible to do anything other than a "fill until pump shuts off" transaction with a credit card.

It is no wonder they have so few locations with gas in OR. There is too much competition for customers to tolerate such hassles unless they are captive near an airport.