BP gas stations return?

cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: BP gas stations return?

Post by cjd »

storewanderer wrote: May 24th, 2020, 11:37 am There is still one of those Shell Farm Buildings in my area (as Shell) but as of a few years ago the rest all left the brand (one went to Valero, one went unbranded, one went to 76 then unbranded then Sinclair, many had previously flat out closed).

I guess gas stations can get incentives for switching brands. This station that has seen all these different brands (Shell, Chevron, now BP) must be a well located station and the brands are eager to give them incentives to switch over.
Could be, it's one of those crossroads locations at the middle of two highways. On the other corner there's a Circle K/Shell. Same thing happened here closer to me, except the old Shell Farm Store was remodeled and is now a Mobil.

Usually I use the Shell station because the Mobil tends to be at least 20 cents more per gallon, but at times the Mobil is the same price or slightly cheaper even, so I'll go to that one. It's not usually as busy.

I used to go to Murphy's, but since the virus I haven't been going to Walmart, so I haven't stopped there in a while.

This weekend I needed gas heading south so I went to the Racetrac in the town south of me. Those are the nicest stations in my area, huge gas pump areas with at least 16 pumps, fancy, upscale convenience stores, etc.

In general I do not go inside gas stations though. I used to when I traveled more and would pick up a soda or something, but these days I just bring a drink from home and pay at the pump.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: BP gas stations return?

Post by mbz321 »

The majority of BP stations in the Philadelphia region have vanished in the last few years. I can't think of any in particular that wasn't an Amoco conversion (Amoco had a lot of new stores with large convenience stores and/or a McDonalds or BK co-tenant a couple of years before BP took over). Many have gone to an indie label (I'm gussing the same franchisee) or have just shuttered entirely.