Barber Shops, Salons, Massage Parlors, Reopening

Alpha8472

Re: Barber Shops, Salons, Massage Parlors, Reopening

Post by Alpha8472 »

California shut down barber shops, nail salons, body waxing salons, massage parlors, etc. a few days ago. There was so much outrage by business owners that the Governor changed the rules to allow for outdoor operations of these services.

Now people can get these services outdoors outside or next to these businesses. However, hair coloring services is not allowed due to chemical laws. I am not sure how they will manage massage parlors or body waxing outdoors. I suppose that they could put up tents. However, it will seem very awkward to be naked outside in a tent where someone might be able to peek inside. They also included that handshakes and hugging would not be allowed. Why on earth would you be hugging another person or giving a "handshake" at a hair salon or massage parlor?

Also these outdoor businesses must provide an outdoor reception area.

Everyone knows that there are underground massage parlors operating right now. However, this outdoor thing will be awkward or downright uncomfortable.
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

By allowing an outdoor option, the state can say they have at least tried to give these businesses a choice. Yes, it's ridiculous and laughable but when it gets to court (and we all know it will), the argument will be they weren't told to totally shut down. The same goes for handshakes and hugging. If something is not explicitly banned or prohibited, a lawyer will exploit and use it as a loophole and quite possibly win their case. Ridiculous I know, but you have to dot all the i's and cross all the t's.
Last edited by TW-Upstate NY on July 22nd, 2020, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
klkla

Post by klkla »

Alpha8472 wrote: July 20th, 2020, 11:12 pmI am not sure how they will manage massage parlors or body waxing outdoors. I suppose that they could put up tents. However, it will seem very awkward to be naked outside in a tent where someone might be able to peek inside.
In Mexico it's not uncommon to see outdoor massages at beaches. People aren't naked, of course. So it could be done but I agree it would be awkward.

I assume we mean legitimate massages. The 'other' kind would be awkward outside without a doubt!