New Dollar General

cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

New Dollar General

Post by cjd »

A new Dollar General store just opened about two miles form my house. I've tried it twice and find it very convenient. Another location opened a bit further from my house a few years ago. This new one is largely the same style as the other, warehouse ceilings, polished concrete floors, etc. It is shallower though than the other yet wider.

Overall a nicely arranged and appearing store. It does still feel like you're in a metal prefab building like the other, and the roof I've noticed makes popping sounds. The walls are block but the roof framing is all like one of those prefab warehouse buildings.

Employees at this store as well as the other do not wear masks at all. Not sure why there isn't a corporate policy on that. They do have the plexiglass shields at the checkouts and X markings spaced out 6' for the line.

Seems these stores only employ around 1-3 people at a time. The first time I went there were 3 people working but last time looked like there could have been just 1 on duty. I don't think I would want to work alone in a store, particularly at night. Not that either of these stores are in bad areas but still.
storewanderer

Re: New Dollar General

Post by storewanderer »

Sounds about right. Their $5 off $25 in the app every Saturday is a great deal, brings many prices well below Wal Mart for household items, soap, paper, pet, and certain grocery items. Also the "cart calculator" in their app is really good for applying digital coupons and knowing you have enough items to get to that $25 total to get the $5 off coupon to apply. Best shopping app by far that I've ever used. Simple interface and very straightforward. For some reason it does not work in CA locations yet works fine in NV.