My Goods Market Rebrands to Rocket

Alpha8472

My Goods Market Rebrands to Rocket

Post by Alpha8472 »

I noticed that the My Goods Market convenience stores have rebranded to Rocket. I like the new logo and brand name. It looks much nicer.

The Rocket convenience store decor is a space theme. I think they did a good job on the remodeling.

https://www.facebook.com/UnitedPacific/?fref=ts
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: My Goods Market Rebrands to Rocket

Post by veteran+ »

Alpha8472 wrote: April 24th, 2021, 1:39 am I noticed that the My Goods Market convenience stores have rebranded to Rocket. I like the new logo and brand name. It looks much nicer.

The Rocket convenience store decor is a space theme. I think they did a good job on the remodeling.

https://www.facebook.com/UnitedPacific/?fref=ts
Very COOL!!!!!
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

I noticed at the Colorado store the new Conoco logo, which looks like the old red triangle
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Many of these companies are going back to classic versions of their logos. It looks good.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I've noticed these Rocket/76 stores in NorCal and in OR too. The problem is the c-store isn't very good. United Pacific initially ran these as Circle Ks then rebranded them to no name c-stores then rebranded them to My Goods and now they are doing this "Rocket" thing.

It kind of feels like this is a confused c-store operator who decided to leave Circle K and hasn't been able to figure out how to make the stores perform again so they keep trying different names. But the stores inside still look like a debranded Circle K with generic programs and high prices. Promotions have come and gone over the years, some good ones, but they are not consistent.

Also have noticed during the rebranding process they are shifting some (most) of these 76/Rocket sites to having a cash price/credit price on the gas which makes them even less competitive than they already have been historically for gas.

It is interesting as the legacy United Oil sites in SoCal are mostly unbranded and tend to be discount fuel locations. Have had real lousy experiences with those locations but the gas pricing is always really good.

Somehow outside SoCal they seem to be tied to the 76 or Conoco fuel brand since those are old corporate ConocoPhillips sites. They'd probably perform better if they could align with Chevron.

Also have noticed many of these locations have not yet done the EMV Chip Card upgrade on their pumps. Now that the gas stations are liable for the pump fraud if they don't run EMV Chip, that is a real problem.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

They have rebranded these Rocket in Denver as well. They seem to favor Phillips 66 fuel (actually think some changed the fuel from Conoco to P66 for some reason). These will be eaten alive by Quik Trip. Kum & Go isn't helping their case either, and for those who want a lower end c-store, Circle Ks are all over Denver and have lower pricing on fuel/drinks. Most Rockets still have the old torn apart interiors from when they were hastily debranded from Circle K by Pacific Convenience and Fuels. Nothing was remodeled. I'm not sure why they even put the Rocket signs up. The exception is at the airport- there, a brand new My Goods was built and it was over the top nice. They rebranded it Rocket and re-themed inside the store a bit and it is even nicer now. It even has self checkout. That one location is probably the only way they survive in Colorado.
luckysaver
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by luckysaver »

United Oil (based in Carson CA) is the owner of both My Goods and Rocket c-store banners. Rocket sounds way better as a gas station C-store name than My Goods (which sounds more appropriate as a college campus c-store). Just like any other C-store, they are supplied by CoreMark as well as the various local bottlers/brewers.

Some Rockets are walk-up kiosks with small merchandise (mostly cigarettes and candy) inside the little kiosk occupied by the cashier and cases of bottled water/motor oil sitting outside the shack (usually older 76 or United stations).

One of the best looking Rocket stores is the unique space-age United Oil station in Ladera Heights CA (just north of Inglewood) on Slauson and La Brea. It is comparable to the Rebel stores that is making their way into SoCal.

The most plain-looking Rocket store I ever saw is the 76 (ex United) in West Covina CA (Grand Ave at the 10 Freeway) - they use the former auto service bay as merchandise storage space.

An example of a My Goods store (usually paired with a United-owned 76 station) is in Glendora CA (corner of Grand and Baseline). City of Industry CA (Azusa and Colima) was converted from a Circle K after United took over that station.

luckysaver