7-Eleven/Speedway divest 293 stores

Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: 7-Eleven/Speedway divest 293 stores

Post by Brian Lutz »

At some point in the last year 7-Eleven stores here seem to have consolidated down to a single set of cold cups that is used (and marked) for fountain soda, iced coffee and Slurpees. At times I have seen separate foam cups for Slurpees, but availability on those seems inconsistent, and most of the time only the smallest size is available for those.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

7-Eleven had specially made Styrofoam cups this summer for their small Slurpee. I believe it was only a limited time thing to promote delivery of Slurpees. The Styrofoam cups were supposed to keep the Slurpee cold even during delivery. I was not impressed as the Slurpee still melted when I was driving home.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Went into one of the stores divested to Jacksons in CA.

This one is an old Beacon, then USA, then Shell, then Speedway- gas is now Shell again. Price was 40 cents higher than a site that was still Speedway about 4 miles away. Previously these two Speedways were within .10 of each other.

Went into the store. Generic c-store not stocked great. Generic foam cups for drinks, employee in generic Shell polo. Receipt said "SHELL FUELS" for business name. Liquor license application in the window says new owner is "AXIS MSO." I guess Jacksons isn't running this location despite receiving it. Looks like AXIS MSO is an old Tesoro multi-site operator also known as KENK USA who lost quite a few sites to Speedway conversions but still has quite a few that flipped to "Speedway Express" down in SoCal. Funny they are picking some sites back up and don't think they've ever been this far north before.

I did see Jacksons has its sign on the location in Antioch, CA so they seem to be running some of these and not running others.