Movie Theater Candy, Soda, & Drink Shortage

Alpha8472

Movie Theater Candy, Soda, & Drink Shortage

Post by Alpha8472 »

A movie theater manager said that Pepsi is having supply issues. The warehouse is totally out of bottled water due to supply chain issues. There seems to be a plastic shortage for the bottles and the wrappers they put on the cases.

Convenience stores are also out of Gatorade in some places. Even some supermarkets are running out of Gatorade.

Movie theaters are having issues with candy deliveries too. The orders are taking longer because they said there was a shortage of truck drivers to transport it. The warehouse was in Salt Lake City.

Coke and Pepsi have many problems these days. If Coke soda machines at the theater break down, employees have said that Coke does not provide timely service. It takes forever to get anything fixed and the soda machines are down and customers are angry.. However, Pepsi responds to broken machines right away. Coke costs more to use a the sole soda provider, but customers complain if Pepsi is the only soda provider. Customers seems to prefer Coke.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Movie Theater Candy, Soda, & Drink Shortage

Post by mbz321 »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 8th, 2021, 4:33 pm

Convenience stores are also out of Gatorade in some places. Even some supermarkets are running out of Gatorade.

I work at Costco and we have been routinely running out of Gatorade. Even the Kirkland knockoff we carry has been in limited supply. Plenty of bottled water though (unfortunately...such an unnecessary product).
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I was in 99 Cents Only today and noticed all of the Pepsi product was gone from the shelves and register coolers. This chain seems to be circling the drain with filthy smelly poorly stocked stores at least in this Reno/Sparks/Carson City area but between the empty coolers up front and 1/2 aisle empty in the grocery area the lack of Pepsi and related items was pretty noticeable.

Candy was actually one of the few areas that was well stocked.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

mbz321 wrote: August 8th, 2021, 7:27 pm
I work at Costco and we have been routinely running out of Gatorade. Even the Kirkland knockoff we carry has been in limited supply. Plenty of bottled water though (unfortunately...such an unnecessary product).
I found a (higher priced) alternative to Gatorade also: it is the "Honest Kids" juice boxes. It is a 1/2 sugar juice.
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 8th, 2021, 4:33 pm Convenience stores are also out of Gatorade in some places. Even some supermarkets are running out of Gatorade.
Wanted an 8 pack of the 20oz. about a month ago at Hannaford and had to settle for a higher priced 12oz. 6 pack and a few weeks ago in Target I did find an 8 pack but the shelf was empty so I guess this is likely the last of it I'll see for a while. Strangely enough at the same time this is happening, regular caffeine free Coca Cola in cans is FINALLY available again after being off the market since probably last fall. It too was in limited supply-got the last two twelve packs Target had. 2-liter bottles of the stuff are much easier to find but are still rather limited as well.