Verizon Store Sudden Closure

Super S

Re: Verizon Store Sudden Closure

Post by Super S »

I recently had to get a new phone. I have been using AT&T Prepaid for years. I had just renewed for the month when my phone died. The AT&T store would not sell me a phone at their advertised price unless I paid for another month of service at the same time AND enrolled in "Autopay" . I went to Walmart where I was able to buy the same exact phone by itself with no additional plans for the same price. the AT&T store reminded me of the gimmicks Safeway uses to get lower prices.

Said AT&T store (which is an AT&T corporate store) was also not very helpful a couple years back when I had a previous phone which died within a warranty period, they told me that I had to call a number to authorize a replacement, which was then shipped to me.

There is no point anymore to visiting the cell phone stores when there are other, better options.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The Verizon store reopened. However, there is only 1 employee and very little on display. Perhaps the landlord is forcing them to stay open.

These corporate stores seem to be places where people go to try to fix problems. Many of those problems can be solved over the phone or online. Corporate cell phone stores seem so predatory. They try to sell you the most expensive plans and phones whether you need it or not. You can always find better deals online or at another retailer.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Is it still a corporate store?

Sounds like it may have flipped from a corporate store to a dealer store.