Fry's Electronics pays $2.3M to settle harrassment suit

Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Fry's Electronics pays $2.3M to settle harrassment suit

Post by Brian Lutz »

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Frys ... 22386.html

I know Fry's has always had something of a shady reputation, but this one's pretty egregious. A manager at the local store was fired after reporting sexual harassment of a co-worker by another manager, and is now getting a $2.3 million settlement in a wrongful termination lawsuit. The general counsel for the US EEOC working on the case cited destruction of evidence and abusive court practices on Fry's part as well.
steps
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Re: Fry's Electronics pays $2.3M to settle harrassment suit

Post by steps »

Fry's is a terrible store. High prices, iffy merchandise, non-existent customer service and that god awful "check your receipt" at the door. I had an argument with the receipt guy at the one in Redondo Beach one time where I refused to show him my receipt after he saw me purchasing items, he literally chased me into the parking lot yelling that he had to see my receipt and I still refused. I told him to call the police if he thought I stole something. I don't see the point of looking at the receipt when you don't even bother to check the bags, its a big hassle on the customers part. I have never stepped foot in a Fry's ever again.

P.S. Good for the manager who won the the settlement, Fry's business practices are shady and maybe now they will open their eyes!