7-Eleven To Make Fresh Food 20% Of Sales

Gas stations & convenience stores (AM/PM, 7-Eleven, etc.)
Alpha8472

7-Eleven To Make Fresh Food 20% Of Sales

Post by Alpha8472 »

7-Eleven is set to make fresh food 20% of its sales in the next few years. The chain is getting on the good-for-you bandwagon due to consumer demand for healthier food.

“Diminished tobacco sales” also played a part in the decision to increase fresh food sales. 7-Eleven used to be a place to get convenient cigarettes. Let's be honest here. Smokers were the chain's main focus for years. People who smoke are constantly buying cigarettes and when you need cigarettes you are willing to pay a high price for the immediate gratification and convenience. Now that smoking has gone down drastically, 7-Eleven needs to evolve in order to stay alive.

People want to buy grab and go food. It is either a fast food restaurant or a convenience store these days. People are very into the popular Subway sandwich style healthier-for-you-craze.

I have seen what Walgreens has done in San Francisco. They have turned the front of the stores into mini-markets. You can get salads, fresh fruit, sushi, packaged meals, fruit cups, coffee, smoothies, etc. They are now competing with supermarkets and fast food restaurants.

7-Eleven knows that this healthier food craze is where the money is now. Now their stores will be more like mini-supermarkets.
steps
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Re: 7-Eleven To Make Fresh Food 20% Of Sales

Post by steps »

7-11 fresh selection isn't bad at all. I go to 7-11 daily for coffee and a salad or a sandwich. The food is tasty, fresh and brought in fresh daily. The should work on the pricing though, I can go to Pavilions, Ralphs or Sprouts near by and get a bigger salad for about the same price. Other than that, I'm loving the "new" 7-11.