Home Depot signage changes?

Super S

Home Depot signage changes?

Post by Super S »

Many Home Depot stores have a small sign under the main THE HOME DEPOT sign on the front of the building. These signs are localized to the state where the store is located, in my case it read "WASHINGTON'S HOME IMPROVEMENT WAREHOUSE". Tonight I noticed that, sometime in the past 1 & 1/2 weeks, that small sign has disappeared, and you can't tell there was even a sign there. Not sure if the store was repainted in that time, but I do remember the sign being there on my last visit. You can't even tell that there was a sign there.

I am curious if Home Depot is in the process of removing these signs from all of their stores. I know that there are some stores older than this one (Longview) that never had such a sign in the first place.
Alpha8472

Re: Home Depot signage changes?

Post by Alpha8472 »

I know that only some Home Depot stores have this state specific signage.

The Home Depot store that I frequently pass by had the "California's Home Improvement Warehouse" signage removed several months ago. The old sign was falling apart and most of the lights had burned out. The newest signage for The Home Depot simply says The Home Depot. It would cost a lot of money to replace all of those state specific signs. Maybe The Home Depot is simply waiting until they burn out and then replace them with the newest version of the sign on an as needed basis.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

I only know of a couple of stores nearby (in Woodinville and Issaquah) that have these in the first place, but I don't think these signs were all that common anyway. It seems like they only did this for a few years in the late Nineties-early 00s, and stores opened before or after that time generally won't have them.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Brian Lutz wrote:I only know of a couple of stores nearby (in Woodinville and Issaquah) that have these in the first place, but I don't think these signs were all that common anyway. It seems like they only did this for a few years in the late Nineties-early 00s, and stores opened before or after that time generally won't have them.
They were common around the Portland area, as they opened many stores during that time period.
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

I believe they are being phased out. The store in Lafayette, LA (on the south side of town, the north side store is newer) had the sign that said Louisiana's Home Improvement Warehouse, but it's now gone.
Super S

Post by Super S »

I was at the same Home Depot store tonight, and noticed the entire tall road sign out front was on the ground with a crane nearby. Makes me wonder if they are updating the ballasts etc. or maybe switching to LED on all of their signs to be more energy efficient.