Shari's

Super S

Shari's

Post by Super S »

It seems that another prominent chain is cutting back in this area. I recently noticed two closed Shari's restaurants, one in Centralia which is right next to the freeeway (and has a painted-over hexagon-shaped road sign still standing) and one other in Vancouver, WA on Mill Plain at the Garrison shopping center, which is a somewhat odd location away from the freeway. Is Shari's closing many locations elsewhere?
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Shari's

Post by Brian Lutz »

I haven't seen any closures up here in this area, although I only know of a handful of them around here anyway (Kirkland/Totem Lake, Lynwood and Renton.) There used to be one in downtown Redmond but it closed quite some time ago, and sat vacant for quite a while before it (and the whole shopping center it was in) was demolished to make way for generic condos and a Group Health clinic.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

They recently purchased a small number of remaining Baker's Square locations in California. They did not have much of a presence in California before; I believe just one site in South Sacramento in a good location with little competition. I wonder how that expansion is working out for them.
tesg
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by tesg »

Website currently lists 103 stores, which is on the upside of average for them. The distant mini cluster of stores in Wyoming and Nebraska are still listed.

Shari's used to be a pretty good place to eat until they were bounced through capital investment firm ownerships. Then they kept removing the good stuff from the menus. Some waitress would ask me how I liked something, I'd give my approval...BAM! Off the menu. The service went to crap too.

I still dig the hexagonal buildings though.