Taco Bell pricing

cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Taco Bell pricing

Post by cjd »

It's been a while ago actually that Taco Bell discontinued Meal Deals. My favorite thing to get was the meal deal with chicken burrito and Doritos. The prices had increased a bit but were still under $4. I would typically get this for dinner once a week when I had to go out of town. The closest way to replicate this now is to buy everything separately and get nacho chips, which aren't as good as Doritos IMO. The drinks are also quite expensive, so the total comes to almost $7 which isn't worth it. IMO. The best deal now is probably the $5 Cravings Box but it's just too much food for me.

I like Taco Bell because it tends to be lighter than the greasy fast food places (not sure it's any healthier), but this has really turned me away from eating there often anymore.
J-Man
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Re: Taco Bell pricing

Post by J-Man »

Some of us are old enough to remember when EVERYTHING (except the drinks) on the Taco Bell menu cost a quarter. Image
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I've been to Taco Bell a couple times in the past year. The one I went to in Nevada had some sort of $1 menu (I thought it said cravings) and it had quite a variety of items on it. They had some burrito with beef and fritos on it which was quite heavy but pretty good especially for the price. The apple empanada was also very very good and again a deal at $1. The primary Nevada Taco Bell franchisee continues to not offer fresh brewed iced tea, so no drink purchase took place, and as a result of that very ignorant decision I opt to continually not give them my business and go to Del Taco instead.

A few weeks later I was up in rural Northern California somewhere and decided to go to Taco Bell there. I was a little shocked the frito burrito was $1.99 and the empanada was $1.49. I was there at right time so they had a 1.19 drink promotion from 2 PM to 4 PM or something. That is a huge price swing between locations. On the plus side this location did have fresh brewed iced tea.

I haven't been back since.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Royal Crown Cola...it is extremely rare to see that at ANY restaurant today.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Obviously before Pepsi bought them out
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Stores in the San Francisco Bay Area still have the $1 menu and $1 happy hour drinks. The caramel apple empanada is discontinued.

The $5 box is $5.99 in this area. Each Taco Bell sets its own prices. Apparently, the store owner can be greedy. I once was at a Taco Bell and my order was made incorrectly. It had to be redone. The supervisor verbally abused a long time employee that everyone knew and liked and then he quit. Penny pinching at Taco Bell over wrong orders?
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: June 30th, 2019, 5:10 am The caramel apple empanada is discontinued.

I am glad you let me know. This will keep me from returning there anytime soon. Man, what are they thinking? Del Taco has donut holes and El Pollo Loco has churros. Figures I just found the Taco Bell empanada item a year ago... after they had been selling it for 14 years. Tells you how often I go to Taco Bell... and how much attention I pay to them...

Jollibee fried peach mango pie is pretty good but at 1.99 ouch.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

Actually RC Cola is owned by Dr. Pepper/Snapple/7-UP.

But "distributors" or bottling companies may confuse us, like many areas receive Dr. Pepper from a Pepsi distributor.

:-)

So the Coca Cola Company may not be the same as Coca Cola Bottling Company.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

For a while the $5 boxes were either $5.49 or $5.99 at the Taco Bells around here, but at some point they reverted back to the $5 price point. I assume someone at corporate cracked down and they had to bring the pricing back in line with the corporate standard. The price is still higher at the Seattle location I've been to, but I assume that's due to the Seattle soda tax. KFC pricing (even in combo restaurants) seems to be creeping higher though; As I mentioned before there's one particular KFC/A&W combo in North Lynnwood that was selling the "$5 Fill-Ups" meals for $8.49. I don't go to that one anymore.
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

veteran+ wrote: July 1st, 2019, 7:15 am Actually RC Cola is owned by Dr. Pepper/Snapple/7-UP.

But "distributors" or bottling companies may confuse us, like many areas receive Dr. Pepper from a Pepsi distributor.

:-)

So the Coca Cola Company may not be the same as Coca Cola Bottling Company.
Actually RC Cola is owned by Keurig Dr Pepper now. Basically every chain coffee shop not named starbucks is also owned by them including Peets, Einstein Bagels, Panara Bread, Krispy Kreme and Stumptown.