Twistee Treat

cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Twistee Treat

Post by cjd »

A few years ago Twistee Treat came back to town after a long absence. I went there several times when it first opened but I haven't been in a while. The offerings are good, but quite expensive. The concept, like Checkers of having to sit outside just doesn't work as well here, IMO. Too hot and the ice cream melts too quickly.

I see they have also expanded to Texas. I wonder how well the chain is doing, it seems the one here does at least a decent business. Its location in Walmart parking lot allows impulse purchases I guess.
storewanderer

Re: Twistee Treat

Post by storewanderer »

cjd wrote: July 5th, 2019, 12:33 pm A few years ago Twistee Treat came back to town after a long absence. I went there several times when it first opened but I haven't been in a while. The offerings are good, but quite expensive. The concept, like Checkers of having to sit outside just doesn't work as well here, IMO. Too hot and the ice cream melts too quickly.

I see they have also expanded to Texas. I wonder how well the chain is doing, it seems the one here does at least a decent business. Its location in Walmart parking lot allows impulse purchases I guess.
2 of 5 TX locations on Google are marked as out of business.

Are these pre-fab buildings? Like if they close can they just up and move?
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

storewanderer wrote: July 6th, 2019, 12:06 am
cjd wrote: July 5th, 2019, 12:33 pm A few years ago Twistee Treat came back to town after a long absence. I went there several times when it first opened but I haven't been in a while. The offerings are good, but quite expensive. The concept, like Checkers of having to sit outside just doesn't work as well here, IMO. Too hot and the ice cream melts too quickly.

Yes, they are. The chain began in the 1980s and I believe the new locations are mostly relocated buildings. The current one here was relocated from somewhere else, and I remember the original one being moved away when it closed. I have seen some online in other states have been converted to private ice cream stands. At one time the chain also had kiosk-like trailers that could be moved frequently, I believe there has been a change in ownership since then however.

The location here also sells Nathan's Hot Dogs.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

cjd wrote: July 6th, 2019, 8:33 am
storewanderer wrote: July 6th, 2019, 12:06 am

Yes, they are. The chain began in the 1980s and I believe the new locations are mostly relocated buildings. The current one here was relocated from somewhere else, and I remember the original one being moved away when it closed. I have seen some online in other states have been converted to private ice cream stands. At one time the chain also had kiosk-like trailers that could be moved frequently, I believe there has been a change in ownership since then however.

The location here also sells Nathan's Hot Dogs.
Looks sort of like a large version of what you'd find at a state fair.