Wendy's to serve breakfast in all locations in 2020

Super S

Re: Wendy's to serve breakfast in all locations in 2020

Post by Super S »

I want to say that so far I actually am impressed with Wendy's breakfast. Their biscuit sandwiches in particular are really good and not hard and dried out, very fresh tasting. I have been going to Wendy's at times on the way to work since other drive-thrus have had excessively long lines, Wendy's usually does this well and the line moves quickly.
Last edited by Super S on April 11th, 2021, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Wendy's new breakfast doesn't seem to be drawing crowds but they seem to be holding steady marketing it.

I agree the product is pretty good. But I think Chickfila is better. One product I did not try personally but looked good was some sort of a croissant- but the croissant was square which looked sort of weird but it made sense as it held the ingredients well.

Would like to see them figure out how to do it all day given McDonalds stopped the all day thing.

The biscuits are interesting at Wendys. Their biscuit is much better than McDonalds though I think both are frozen. Carl's Jr. breakfast program focuses heavily on fresh baked biscuits (carry over from Hardees) and I see little marketing and little promotion anymore out of that chain.
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

I've seen the Wendy's breakfast advertised but for me Wendy's just isn't that convenient. With the closure of a nearby gas station location, the entire area is down to two restaurants, one inside a gas station off the highway (but the wrong side) and the other a few blocks from the main drag in a spot that's hard to get in and out of. Neither are convenient to me.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

pseudo3d wrote: April 11th, 2021, 4:44 am I've seen the Wendy's breakfast advertised but for me Wendy's just isn't that convenient. With the closure of a nearby gas station location, the entire area is down to two restaurants, one inside a gas station off the highway (but the wrong side) and the other a few blocks from the main drag in a spot that's hard to get in and out of. Neither are convenient to me.
I have noticed the same issue with Wendy's. Something about their locations, does not seem particularly convenient for breakfast purchases. McDonalds on the other hand they seem to have a lot of locations that are quite convenient for breakfast purchases, often on the correct side of the road to capture morning traffic, or closest to an offramp.

It seems like often times to get to a Wendy's in the first place, you have to drive past a McDonalds. This may be a bigger problem. McDonalds has better locations.