Wendy's to serve breakfast in all locations in 2020

Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Wendy's to serve breakfast in all locations in 2020

Post by Bagels »

Poor Wendy's. I played around with their app this afternoon and realized that none of the locations around me are serving breakfast (they don't open until 10:30AM or later). Gotta wonder if Wendy's will try to reboot after the hysteria settles...
klkla

Post by klkla »

I stopped by a Wendy's in Los Angeles for the first time in years. They were promoting breakfast heavily, although I didn't try it. Their BLT Chicken sandwich was really good FWIW.
wendys.jpg
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

That is way more promotional signage than the locations in my area have. Any idea if that is a corporate location?

All in my area are franchises and beyond the window clings, nothing more promoting anything.

Wendy's standard tier (not the value menu or the nuggets) chicken products are way above par for fast food. Grilled chicken that actually has flavor and is pretty good even if dry, and fried chicken that has a great crunch and just the right flavor/texture (due to being pressure fried). Their bun also seems to be above average, and a large enough size to contain the sandwich.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

Saw the promotional signs at Wendy's at 6 last night while sitting in a very long line at the drive thru. Not sure what changed, I've been going to Wendy's the last few Fridays and haven't seen more than 2-3 cars ahead or behind me at most. Last night, same time they were wrapped completely around the building. I ended up going somewhere else because things were moving pretty slow.
Super S

Post by Super S »

cjd wrote: April 25th, 2020, 7:21 am Saw the promotional signs at Wendy's at 6 last night while sitting in a very long line at the drive thru. Not sure what changed, I've been going to Wendy's the last few Fridays and haven't seen more than 2-3 cars ahead or behind me at most. Last night, same time they were wrapped completely around the building. I ended up going somewhere else because things were moving pretty slow.
Long drive-thru lines have become the norm over the last few weeks as dining rooms have been closed. Most fast food operations I have seen appear to not even have the inside open for take-out and are drive-thru only. Lines have been unusually long during the dinner hours.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

cjd wrote: April 25th, 2020, 7:21 am Saw the promotional signs at Wendy's at 6 last night while sitting in a very long line at the drive thru. Not sure what changed, I've been going to Wendy's the last few Fridays and haven't seen more than 2-3 cars ahead or behind me at most. Last night, same time they were wrapped completely around the building. I ended up going somewhere else because things were moving pretty slow.
It was free chicken nuggets Friday. They were giving out 4 pieces. I would assume with any order, hopefully not "no purchase necessary" but I didn't read the full details when announced early this week.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

No purchase was necessary for the free nuggets. It was insane! Back in March, Wendy's was giving out a free junior sized Frosty with every order at the drive thru.

I got a free meal from McDonald's for being a first responder or healthcare worker. It lasts until May 5. You have to provide proof such as an ID badge or a healthcare license.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

For the most part fast food restaurants here are running on drive thru only (although some have pickups for delivery drivers inside), but for some reason the local McDonald's still has the counter inside operating, although all the seating areas (and the drink machines) are all blocked off, and the now-obligatory social distancing lines are on the floor. That said, on the two occasions we've gone in there we've been the only ones inside.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Brian Lutz wrote: April 26th, 2020, 3:15 pm For the most part fast food restaurants here are running on drive thru only (although some have pickups for delivery drivers inside), but for some reason the local McDonald's still has the counter inside operating, although all the seating areas (and the drink machines) are all blocked off, and the now-obligatory social distancing lines are on the floor. That said, on the two occasions we've gone in there we've been the only ones inside.
Is that a corporate McDonalds or a franchise McDonalds? In my area 3 of the franchisees have closed inside entirely, 1 has inside open in some locations, and a 5th franchise seems to have inside open during very limited hours. This is a little bit of a problem for people who have no car.

Corporate McDonalds comes up on your credit card statement as "MCDONALDS Mxxxxx" and franchises come up as "MCDONALDS Fxxxxx."

Jack in the Box flip flopped here, initially they closed the inside, then a couple weeks ago opened it back up, now it is closed again.

Raising Canes and In N Out initially had inside open but both have since closed inside and are drive through only.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

This would be a corporate location (M4563).