McDonald's CEO fired over inappropriate relationship

Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

McDonald's CEO fired over inappropriate relationship

Post by Brian Lutz »

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/restaur ... asterbrook

CEO Steve Easterbrook has been fired from McDonald's over what appears to be an inappropriate personal relationship with a subordinate. Personal issues aside, it seems his tenure as CEO hasn't exactly been successful, with seven straight quarters of declining sales.
Alpha8472

Re: McDonald's CEO fired over inappropriate relationship

Post by Alpha8472 »

McDonald's has become boring over the past few years. This includes the food and the new decor that corporate is forcing on the individual restaurants.

The forced remodeling of classic McDonald's locations has destroyed some very classic and historic locations. What makes McDonald's appeal to people is in part memories of the good old days. There is just something special about the old classic McDonald's architecture that people hold dear. The newest decor is ugly.

The new food items seem to be rehashes of old food promotions. They keep coming out with new flavors of chicken tenders and market it as something revolutionary. The only thing they changed is the sauce.

Perhaps a new CEO will bring some new life to the company.

They are coming out with some retro Happy Meal toys in a few days. I am eager to see if these are the real thing or some cheap imitations.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/ ... 08-10-2020

Now McDonald's is suing Easterbrook, claiming that there were at least three other inappropriate relationships that he covered up, trying to force him to pay back some of the separation money.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Brian Lutz wrote: August 10th, 2020, 8:54 am https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/ ... 08-10-2020

Now McDonald's is suing Easterbrook, claiming that there were at least three other inappropriate relationships that he covered up, trying to force him to pay back some of the separation money.
McDonald's needs to focus on operations and focus on franchisees who do not run locations properly. Yelp and Google reviews on a number of Reno McDonalds locations (a few different franchisees, not all the same ones) are horrific and scary. I haven't been to a McDonalds locally one time this year and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I did try to go to one location a few times back in January/February but it kept being closed/dark around 7 PM. It is possible the drive through was open but I don't trust using the drive through at this chain specifically; I want to see what is going on inside.