Shari's moving away from 24 hours in some locations

SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Shari's moving away from 24 hours in some locations

Post by SamSpade »

Babs, you always have the interesting details! :D
I had no idea that Shari's had decoupled from Beaverton... or had any connection to Coco's or Carrow's.

The central Beaverton location is serving 7am to 10pm although the "open 24 hours" on their sign isn't covered over. The 'ghost kitchen' concept with the delivery services is clear, a nearby but not quite as close Shari's has become the "delivery" Shari's because it seems like the nearby location is quite busy with dine in and Oregon Lottery customers.

I still miss the quiche and some of the more unusual items Shari's used to offer, although their current menu is just broad enough to offer a little of what anyone might like. As long as the grill cook is doing his/her job correctly, their food is pretty solid in my opinion.
bryceleinan
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by bryceleinan »

bryceleinan wrote: May 8th, 2021, 8:54 pm I don't think Newberg is 24x7 anymore either, at least when I was there in October they weren't. I'll be going to Twin Falls next weekend (Oregon trip got cancelled) - I'll have to see what their hours are.
Shari’s is open 7A-10P in Twin Falls, which was funny considering the “Open 24 Hours” sign was still lit up. Went there on Monday at 7AM, and we were the only customers in the place until we left around 7:30.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

SamSpade wrote: May 11th, 2021, 9:33 am Babs, you always have the interesting details! :D
I had no idea that Shari's had decoupled from Beaverton... or had any connection to Coco's or Carrow's.

The central Beaverton location is serving 7am to 10pm although the "open 24 hours" on their sign isn't covered over. The 'ghost kitchen' concept with the delivery services is clear, a nearby but not quite as close Shari's has become the "delivery" Shari's because it seems like the nearby location is quite busy with dine in and Oregon Lottery customers.

I still miss the quiche and some of the more unusual items Shari's used to offer, although their current menu is just broad enough to offer a little of what anyone might like. As long as the grill cook is doing his/her job correctly, their food is pretty solid in my opinion.
Carrows/Cocos may be a logical partner for Shari's. Cocos especially since there is the pie element there and has been for quite some time. I had no clue these three chains had connected either.

I forgot Carrows/Cocos was even still in business. Carrows appears to be down to 6 locations (2 of which are "temporarily closed" 1 of which is open until 4 PM and 1 of which is open until 5 PM) and Cocos appears to be down to about 30 locations but only a few are "temporarily closed."

Shari's still has one location open in Sacramento. Funny they were never very present in NorCal but still have one open whereas most of Carrow's which was once heavily present and also Coco's which only ever had a few locations in NorCal, is gone.

https://sharis.com/guest-notice/

In 2009 Shari's bought 4 Bakers Square locations in NorCal when that chain went under. Another similar format.
Super S

Post by Super S »

storewanderer wrote: May 20th, 2021, 7:02 pm

Carrows/Cocos may be a logical partner for Shari's. Cocos especially since there is the pie element there and has been for quite some time. I had no clue these three chains had connected either.

I forgot Carrows/Cocos was even still in business. Carrows appears to be down to 6 locations (2 of which are "temporarily closed" 1 of which is open until 4 PM and 1 of which is open until 5 PM) and Cocos appears to be down to about 30 locations but only a few are "temporarily closed."

Carrow's at one point had several locations scattered around the Portland area, including one in Vancouver, WA. All of which closed long before Shari's took over. I ate at the Vancouver location (demolished a long time ago) a few times and didn't really think it stood out as anything special.