Wendy's Takes Beef Off The Menu

storewanderer

Re: Wendy's Takes Beef Off The Menu

Post by storewanderer »

Jack in the Box app- yes that is the most generous fast food app I've ever seen. More free items than I can use. I always have to prepay in order to have the order sent to the restaurant. Is there a way to pay them in the restaurant?
Super S

Post by Super S »

Stopped at my local Wendy's again last night. No problem getting a Dave's Double combo this time, but menu prices have shot up. This particular combo is now over $10 after tax.

I have been noticing prices gradually creeping up, but it wasn't that long ago that this combo was under $9 after tax.

They do have signs up advertising that the dining room has reopened, but it looked like nobody was inside.

I have a feeling inflation is going to hit some of these locations hard.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Wendys in the Reno Kietzke Wal Mart has closed. All equipment is removed. This was the location that made some "upgrades" within the past year or two and as a result had non-Wendys furniture inside (chairs looked like they came from Wal Mart's shelves) and did weird things like painted ugly red paint over the Wendys logo wallpaper running along the dining room walls.

Also most of this year they had trash bags covering over both of the pinpads on the registers and one of the register's customer order display screens had been broken. This location's food was not the best and service was extremely slow when it got busy since it usually only had 2 employees. If it wasn't busy, you got cold awful food, every time. They also hadn't been taking Wendys App orders since about May (location didn't even show up on the app). This franchisee has a couple other locations left in Reno and Carson - 1 got fully remodeled, 2 got real low budget remodels, and 1 hasn't been remodeled yet (co-branded with a 7-Eleven but basically like a freestanding unit). Still odd the Wal Mart is as busy as ever, this thing has been part of the store ever since it opened, and now it closes.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/wendys-reno-10 ... =date_desc

What is strange is this Wendys historically was running what looked like pretty high volume. It was open 24 hours for a time, and it has served breakfast in some form ever since it opened (which was 1996). I did notice it usually had a lot of low ticket sales taking place.

The Wal Mart also has vacant hair salon and medical clinic tenant spaces inside. They still have eye, nail, and credit union tenants inside. This is a high foot traffic store in the process of being remodeled. Not sure what the issue is with the tenant spaces.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

That Wendy's probably had too many complaints. It looks like they might have lost their franchise for so many violations. Such a terrible operation would tarnish the Wendy's name. It probably did not make that much money, and the owner probably just gave up due to the decrease in sales due to coronavirus.

A medical clinic inside of Walmart really does not bring in that much business. The problem with these medical clinics is that you do not feel that you have much privacy. You pass by a packed Walmart and everyone sees that you are using the medical clinic.

The hair salon is most likely not a big money maker. Hair salons need easy access and visibility from the street. People want some kind of privacy when they get their hair done. They do not want the mobs at Walmart to pass by and spy on your personal grooming. It is like being in an uncomfortable fish tank on display.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

Wendy's supply chain seems to be failing again. Here we are operating 100% drive through (before the official statewide change) and there was a sign on the drive through speaker that they are out of lettuce. (again)
8-)
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

SamSpade wrote: November 16th, 2020, 2:08 pm Wendy's supply chain seems to be failing again. Here we are operating 100% drive through (before the official statewide change) and there was a sign on the drive through speaker that they are out of lettuce. (again)
8-)
Most Wendy's in my area never reopened inside again. It seems like McDonalds had slowly gotten its insides reopened but with rather inconsistent hours.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

I did notice yesterday that they added the Dave's Single back to the 2 for $5 deal, when it was previously only chicken items. I assume that means they aren't supply constrained on beef anymore.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Brian Lutz wrote: November 17th, 2020, 7:53 am I did notice yesterday that they added the Dave's Single back to the 2 for $5 deal, when it was previously only chicken items. I assume that means they aren't supply constrained on beef anymore.
Very likely - one of our supermarket chains here has had ground beef on sale for under $2/lb. two of the last four ad weeks, which is lower than it had been for some time even before all this started, so they must have a pretty good guarantee on supply to run that type of deal.