Wendy's Takes Beef Off The Menu

Alpha8472

Re: Wendy's Takes Beef Off The Menu

Post by Alpha8472 »

The Chick-fil-A in my city still has a line but it is shorter than before. The interior used to be packed with people. The sales are down for drive thru. There also seems to be fewer employees and that is what is making the wait times longer. Traffic is spilling out onto the main road still. This scares away many customers as you fear that you will be hit from behind by speeding cars on the main road.

Why is there only 1 drive thru window? Have they not been able to think of a way to solve their line problem after all of these years?

The Wendy's across the street has 2 drive thru windows. One takes payment and the second hands you the order. This is much faster than other places.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

In-N-Out seems to be very busy, still.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

We don't have ChikFilA here but I heard in some cases they weren't opening up yet.

The Wendy's here has two windows, but never uses the pay one, you just pay and pick up at the second one. I've never seen a Wendy's with a two speaker/menu setup like BK or McDonald's have.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The pay window is to keep the dirty cash away from the food. The Wendy's near me makes you put your card or cash in a tray. The pickup window people do not handle cash, so the food does not get contaminated.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

Well Wendy's still had burgers on the menu today. I ordered chicken anyway.

I also noticed they have put a plastic guard on the top half of the drive thru window. Also all of the employees I could see from outside were wearing masks now.

The plastic guard was something I saw at DQ a couple weeks ago.

The inside of the restaurant still appeared to be closed. The chairs were turned upside down on the tables and I didn't see anyone inside.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

Went to the local Wendy's yesterday, most items were available with a few exceptions:

- Dave's Singles and Doubles were available, but for some reason Triples were not.
- A couple of the salads were unavailable.
- Large drinks weren't available, presumably because they were out of cups.
- They were advertising the "2 for 5" special, which in the past had Spicy Chicken, Dave's Single and 10-piece nuggets as options, with Homestyle Chicken as one of the options instead of the single.
- Delivery pickups are being done inside, but for most customers only the drive thru is available.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

One other change to the menu: The $5 "Biggie Bag" combo appears to have been modified, instead of the bacon double stack and 4 piece nuggets that are usually part of the combo, they have started offering it with one of the value menu crispy chicken sandwiches and 10-piece nuggets.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The beef has been added back to the menu on the app. There is still a limit on beef patties. You can order single or double but no triple. However, when you get to the restaurant they will sometimes tell you that they are out of burger patties or most menu items.

The line at the drive thru was out of control. People were arguing for about 5 minutes over the lack of burgers or limits on patties. Cars were angrily driving off without ordering. I don't know if it is a problem only in some areas, but Wendy's is losing a significant amount of customers.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on May 15th, 2020, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

Alpha8472 wrote: May 15th, 2020, 12:26 pm The beef has been added back to the menu on the app. There is still a limit on beef patties. You can order single or double but no triple. However, when you get to the restaurant they will sometimes tell you that they are out of burger patties or most menu items.

The line at the drive thru was out of control. People were arguing for about 5 minutes over the lack of burgers or limits on patties. Cars were angrily driving off without ordering. I don't know if it a problem only in some areas, but Wendy's is losing a significant amount of customers.
I did not have an experience that was a problem at a local Wendy's (they also have both the 2 for $5, Biggie Bag, and 4 for $4 offers posted with reduced beef). They were out of some random items, like Caesar salad. The food I ordered was almost $10. This Wendy's also only has one drive through window so they were trying to use a plastic food tray to hand off the card or cash payment(s).

A friend did use the Burger King app to order ahead then arrived at a restaurant to find them out of beef. They did not know how to cancel/credit his order. That would make me frustrated.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I have had problems with the Burger King app too. Restaurants need to make sure there is a way to refund customers for app orders that have problems. I went to McDonald's several times and they were unable to find an order that I had already ordered. Luckily the restaurant just gave me the items for free.

Once Taco Bell gave my app order away to another person. All Taco Bell asks for is your first name. If someone has the same name, someone could get your food.

This is a serious meat shortage if Burger King is out of burger patties too.