Burger King Discontinues Slices of Apple Pie & Declares Christmas in July

Alpha8472

Burger King Discontinues Slices of Apple Pie & Declares Christmas in July

Post by Alpha8472 »

Burger King says they have taken slices of apple pie off the menu. BK was unique in that they sold actual slices of pie. All the other chains sold pocket style pies. Supposedly the supplier has stopped making slices of pie.

They are also declaring Christmas in July with a restaurant lit up with Christmas lights. The Burger King Twitter logo had changed to a Christmas theme.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Burger King Discontinues Slices of Apple Pie & Declares Christmas in July

Post by mbz321 »

And this is the first I've heard of BK having apple pie on the menu...it couldn't have been that great of seller. I thought all they had was those prepackaged Hershey's pies.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

They sure never marketed this item.

Those "wedge slice" pies are actually not bad. The Edwards brand has Key Lime, Chocolate Cream, wedge slices that are actually very good. I believe the pie slices at Popeyes are from Edwards and I'm suspicious the Burger King ones are too.

Larger Dollar Generals and most Family Dollars have those single serve Edwards pie wedges (frozen) for only $1, great deal. Grocers sell them in 2 packs but prices seem to be 2.50-3.99 and you are stuck with two of them. Defrosts very fast at this time of year; 15 minutes tops.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Popeye's seems to have switched to pocket style pies now. They offered slices of different seasonal pies in the past, but those seem to have gone away.

The Edward's pies were also found at Dollar Tree for $1. Why pay more at Burger King when you can get the exact same pie at a dollar store?

I do not know if Burger King will switch to pocket style pies. It would be interesting if Burger King were to have pocket style apple pies, but fry them. People use to love the fried pies at McDonald's.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Alpha8472 wrote: July 29th, 2020, 10:29 pm The Edward's pies were also found at Dollar Tree for $1. Why pay more at Burger King when you can get the exact same pie at a dollar store?
Likely just the convenience of getting it if you were already there having other food. Just like you buy a cup of soda for what you could pay for a whole 2L bottle elsewhere (unless they are doing a special promo).