Burger King $1 Menu

storewanderer

Re: Burger King $1 Menu

Post by storewanderer »

buckguy wrote: January 31st, 2021, 7:20 am
Re; upthread---Mod and &pizza seemed to put the Cici's near my workplace out of business, so they don't seem to be immune to to the make it your self competitors.

We will see how MOD does long term. I really liked MOD up in Seattle when it was a smaller chain, great value. I haven't been impressed with the franchise MOD in Reno at all in terms of cleanliness or price, but the pizza is okay. Just okay. I see MOD is about 80% corporate owned and 20% franchise; it figures we'd have a franchise unit where I am. $7.67 for the "mini MOD" in Reno, NV is a complete and total ripoff. With a franchisee in a strip mall with less than 70% occupancy who charges higher prices in Reno, NV with a minimum wage below $10/hr than the corporate MODs in prime (high rent cost) locations in Seattle, WA with that $15/hr minimum wage... not great. Would prefer to see MOD 100% corporate owned locations and not franchising, or something like Chickfila where the "operator" is so very tightly controlled that the locations basically present and run as if they were corporate.

Meanwhile Domino's is still around... doesn't seem to go anywhere... a new one opened and was pretty good for its first few weeks here, I ordered a few times which was the first time I had Domino's in 20+ years. After it was open a while, it got to be about how you'd expect it to be so I stopped going.

Same way places like Burger King keep in business, to get back to the thread topic, despite there being so many better quality and better executed places with burgers...
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Burger King $1 Menu

Post by babs »

storewanderer wrote: January 31st, 2021, 1:26 pm
buckguy wrote: January 31st, 2021, 7:20 am
Re; upthread---Mod and &pizza seemed to put the Cici's near my workplace out of business, so they don't seem to be immune to to the make it your self competitors.

We will see how MOD does long term. I really liked MOD up in Seattle when it was a smaller chain, great value. I haven't been impressed with the franchise MOD in Reno at all in terms of cleanliness or price, but the pizza is okay. Just okay. I see MOD is about 80% corporate owned and 20% franchise; it figures we'd have a franchise unit where I am. $7.67 for the "mini MOD" in Reno, NV is a complete and total ripoff. With a franchisee in a strip mall with less than 70% occupancy who charges higher prices in Reno, NV with a minimum wage below $10/hr than the corporate MODs in prime (high rent cost) locations in Seattle, WA with that $15/hr minimum wage... not great. Would prefer to see MOD 100% corporate owned locations and not franchising, or something like Chickfila where the "operator" is so very tightly controlled that the locations basically present and run as if they were corporate.

Meanwhile Domino's is still around... doesn't seem to go anywhere... a new one opened and was pretty good for its first few weeks here, I ordered a few times which was the first time I had Domino's in 20+ years. After it was open a while, it got to be about how you'd expect it to be so I stopped going.

Same way places like Burger King keep in business, to get back to the thread topic, despite there being so many better quality and better executed places with burgers...
Right now Mod is the hot chain for millennials. My son and his friends love going. Who knows long term but for now they are in the zone where the buzz drives business.