Krispy Kreme

Alpha8472
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Krispy Kreme

Post by Alpha8472 »

When you go to Krispy Kreme you expect them to have the donuts you want in stock. If they don't carry the standard assortment, then they have lost customers possibly for life. No wonder this location is doing so poorly. You have to spend some money and keep those donuts in stock or else you lose all of your potential customers.

Luckily the Krispy Kreme near me in Concord, California has virtually all of the flavors. It used to be 24 hours via the drive thru until a few years ago. I miss that. Perhaps if business picks up they will expand the hours again.
storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by storewanderer »

After a few trips to the new Krispy Kreme in Sparks, which I keep asking myself why I go back, the answer is clear: that original glazed. It is really great. If it is hot, it is wonderful. If it isn't hot, it is still really good.

I am not happy with the lack of blueberry cake or chocolate cake but that is okay I guess.

Also if you can get an un-glazed filled donut it is pretty good in my opinion. So far I have only seen one in Sparks on one visit it had a white frosting and some oreo crumbs on top and some chocolate filling and it was also great.

But the other donuts- the ones they glaze then put some frosting or sprinkles on top of, the level of "sweet" is just too much for me.
klkla
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by klkla »

storewanderer wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:25 pm After a few trips to the new Krispy Kreme in Sparks, which I keep asking myself why I go back, the answer is clear: that original glazed. It is really great. If it is hot, it is wonderful. If it isn't hot, it is still really good.
The original glazed is pure donut heaven IMO I bet it counts for more than 90% of their product movement. everything else is just a side show.
storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by storewanderer »

klkla wrote: April 11th, 2021, 5:51 pm
storewanderer wrote: April 10th, 2021, 10:25 pm After a few trips to the new Krispy Kreme in Sparks, which I keep asking myself why I go back, the answer is clear: that original glazed. It is really great. If it is hot, it is wonderful. If it isn't hot, it is still really good.
The original glazed is pure donut heaven IMO I bet it counts for more than 90% of their product movement. everything else is just a side show.
From what I am observing it is probably about 70% of their movement. I am surprised it isn't higher.

I think they diluted their brand in the 00's selling in grocery stores and gas stations day-days old product.
BillyGr
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: April 11th, 2021, 10:47 pm From what I am observing it is probably about 70% of their movement. I am surprised it isn't higher.

I think they diluted their brand in the 00's selling in grocery stores and gas stations day-days old product.
That's not new - in fact if you read back to their founding, they were selling wholesale first. It was only when people kept stopping by the early production facility wanting to buy directly that they added a counter/window for direct to customer sales.

Also, at least in areas they were expanding to, more people likely encountered them in those "other" locations than at the actual Krispy Kreme store (for instance, here they opened one store in the entire area of several counties, so while some would make an effort to go there at least occasionally, they'd be far more likely to pick up the products they had heard about in a more local store/gas station/convenience location).