Taco Bell Issues

storewanderer

Re: Taco Bell Issues

Post by storewanderer »

Greggo wrote: August 13th, 2021, 5:21 pm Can kids that young even legally work?!?

Also … the Sonic near me has been out of the long Route 44 straws for days. They’re giving out regular straws that don’t even reach the bottom of the cup!
Technically a 14 year old can work but there are a lot of restrictions on scheduling and what equipment they can and cannot touch.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Yes, I have seen some barely legal employees riding their bikes and skateboards to work at Taco Bell. The restaurants are really desperate right now.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

If a 14 year old has the desire and initiative to work a few hours a day, and can perform the job, why not? It teaches some initiative and additional people skills.

In a fast food place, having a 14 year old either on the register or bagging up food (not preparing it) seem like tasks that they could do. Think about the data a 14 year old kid has to remember for one "test" in school on some chapter in a history book or some piece of literature the kid has to read. More data in those than an entire fast food menu. I am confident you could teach a 14 year old a fast food menu in short order.

Again I don't propose having 14 year olds work as a rule but if one wants to work... why not?

Many of the teens now do not work at all during high school and often have never had a job before until they exit college at age 22 or age 23. Some may do an internship or other work-like arrangement before age 22 or 23. That is their choice. Similar to a kid who makes the choice to work at 14.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

Visiting another Taco Bell in the area (Woodinville) this weekend, the person who took my order behind the counter said that they have been able to get most things restocked now. The napkins they had in the dispenser looked different from the ones they normally had, but all of the condiments were available again, and the menu didn't show any items as unavailable.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Taco Bell has discontinued many fan favorite items recently including the Mexican Pizza. Del Taco introduced a new item just like it called the CrunchTada. Now rumors are saying that Taco Bell may bring back the Mexican Pizza in a new bacon ranch version.