Taco Bell Issues

jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Taco Bell Issues

Post by jamcool »

Even lids are in short supply…Culver’s is offering lids at the counter per customer request
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Jack in the Box used to offer self serve lids, straws, napkins, ketchup packets, etc. Now they are all behind the counter. You have to ask. They think that people will just drink out of the cup with no straw and wipe their hands on their sleeves. Taco Bell does this too at some reopened dining rooms. It is more labor intensive to constantly ask employees for condiments.

The Taco Bell speaker works fine now, but they still have a person sitting out there with a handheld tablet computer for drive thru orders.

Taco Bell announced on their website that they are facing national ingredient shortages and delivery delays. They are having a food shortage now.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on July 22nd, 2021, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Yet we don’t hear anything about shortages at McDonald’s-they have a better distribution system?
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

On a visit to a local Taco Bell yesterday I saw that there was a sign that the Crunchwrap was unavailable, but that was the only thing that seemed to be out of stock.

Also on a recent visit to McDonald's, they were out of ingredients for shakes.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Taco Bell is really running out of random supplies. I was given a wooden fork for my Loaded Taco Fries. There is no ban on plastic utensils that I know of. Perhaps there is a plastic fork shortage.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I went to an El Pollo Loco I don't normally go to this week. They were using generic plastic bags, generic plates for dine in orders, generic cups for side item orders, did not have any plastic bag in one of the tea urns to brew tea into (had it in the other urn), one of the two tea urns was missing a lid, when I paid at the front counter by credit card the employee said the pinpad was broken (it was on and scrolling graphics) and took my card into the back room and came out with a small slip that said "EL POLLO LOCO CATERING" for the merchant name and I had to sign the paper slip. Method of payment shown on the itemized receipt was "Cash." The drive through was processing credit cards through the normal cash register. This is a very busy location and it was quite well staffed (had at least 15 employees working).
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I received my loaded Taco fries in a plant based cardboard tray instead of a plastic Taco Bell tray. It got soggy really fast and leaked. It was a mess. Plastic is waterproof and has a lid that at least stays on.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 1:25 am I received my loaded Taco fries in a plant based cardboard tray instead of a plastic Taco Bell tray. It got soggy really fast and leaked. It was a mess. Plastic is waterproof and has a lid that at least stays on.
Alpha8472 wrote: July 28th, 2021, 10:01 pm Taco Bell is really running out of random supplies. I was given a wooden fork for my Loaded Taco Fries. There is no ban on plastic utensils that I know of. Perhaps there is a plastic fork shortage.
I wonder if they are moving toward more "environmentally friendly" packaging. Reminds me of those awful paper straws Costco now uses in their food court, that disintegrate before my pop is finished...
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I think they are just running low on Taco Bell branded packaging. I was given a plastic fork this time.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

Super S wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 8:56 am
Alpha8472 wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 1:25 am I received my loaded Taco fries in a plant based cardboard tray instead of a plastic Taco Bell tray. It got soggy really fast and leaked. It was a mess. Plastic is waterproof and has a lid that at least stays on.
Alpha8472 wrote: July 28th, 2021, 10:01 pm Taco Bell is really running out of random supplies. I was given a wooden fork for my Loaded Taco Fries. There is no ban on plastic utensils that I know of. Perhaps there is a plastic fork shortage.
I wonder if they are moving toward more "environmentally friendly" packaging. Reminds me of those awful paper straws Costco now uses in their food court, that disintegrate before my pop is finished...
At the Costco near here they've stopped offering straws entirely, and have switched to sipping lids. Unlike the compostable PLA lids that Qdoba uses which are pretty substantial and actually work pretty well,, these ones are the same thin polystyrene as the regular straw lids and are pretty flimsy for the intended purpose. Given Costco's oddly limited fountain drink selection (at the one here it's only Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Diet Lemonade and Mug Root Beer) this makes me even less likely than before to get a drink there.