Taco Bell Issues

storewanderer

Re: Taco Bell Issues

Post by storewanderer »

Brian Lutz wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 9:22 pm At the Costco near here they've stopped offering straws entirely, and have switched to sipping lids. Unlike the compostable PLA lids that Qdoba uses which are pretty substantial and actually work pretty well,, these ones are the same thin polystyrene as the regular straw lids and are pretty flimsy for the intended purpose. Given Costco's oddly limited fountain drink selection (at the one here it's only Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Diet Lemonade and Mug Root Beer) this makes me even less likely than before to get a drink there.
Anything would be an improvement over the paper straws.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Environmentally friendly is not so friendly as it sits in landfills for years and takes up space. At least plastic does not soak up water and fall apart.

The Taco Bell person in the drive thru line with a tablet really speeds up the line. You order and pay before you get to the window. This greatly speeds up the line and there is less wait. This should be done at more restaurants.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 8:03 pm The Taco Bell person in the drive thru line with a tablet really speeds up the line. You order and pay before you get to the window. This greatly speeds up the line and there is less wait. This should be done at more restaurants.
Do they have to carry money as well? That might seem more dangerous (to be out without protection). Or just have those with cash pay at the window (which would still speed things up some)?
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The outside employee accepts cards only. Cash is taken at the window only.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 4th, 2021, 11:23 pm The outside employee accepts cards only. Cash is taken at the window only.
Seems like the logical option.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

Visited a Taco Bell in Snohomish this evening, and it seems that they are having some pretty significant supply chain issues right now. There was a sign on the drive thru order board saying that they are not currently serving breakfast due to shortages of several items, they were out of hot sauce packets and running low on all other types, and they were out of napkins.

I'm seeing issues elsewhere as well. The Costco food court in Everett listed all types of pizza as "out of stock" on the order kiosks, a local burger joint had all of their fish items on the menu taped over and said it may be 4-6 weeks before they had them available again, and several different Dominos Pizza locations in the area were showing that ham wasn't available when I tried to order a pizza a couple of weeks ago.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I guess I've been lucky when the places are actually open I go in and whatever it is I am ordering, is available.

Some places I have basically given up on even going to due to their hours being so weird/unreliable. I certainly miss Popeyes and Jack in the Box but one too many times I try to go and they are closed at like 5 PM, so I am done even getting my hopes up.
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by marshd1000 »

Starbucks discontinued Equal and Sweet and Low. But they are out of Splenda and have been for weeks! The only non sugar sweetener they have is Stevia.....yuck! Dairy Queen on Benson Rd in Renton, WA has their lobby still closed as they can't hire enough people. Me thinks some folks are getting to comfortable being on the government dole! Also they are out of Choco Brownie Extreme Blizzards and have been for a few weeks because of "supply chain issues"!
DFWRetaileWatcher
Cashier
Cashier

Post by DFWRetaileWatcher »

Went to one of my local Taco Bells, and they literally had a kid (couldn't be any more than 12 or 13) working the drive thru window.

He was nice enough and trying his best, but he was really struggling with understanding my order. It looks like there was 1 other person (adult) inside with them who was preparing the food (fortunately, when I got there, it wasn't busy).

If I were a Karen, I'd report the franchise owner to corporate and the proper authorities. This is just getting beyond ridiculous.
Greggo
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Post by Greggo »

Can kids that young even legally work?!?

Also … the Sonic near me has been out of the long Route 44 straws for days. They’re giving out regular straws that don’t even reach the bottom of the cup!