Wingstop Thighstop

Alpha8472

Wingstop Thighstop

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wingstop will introduce bone in thighs and boneless thighs this week under the digital brand Thighstop. This is due to the white hot inflation problem with the price of chicken. They plan to sell the whole bird eventually.

https://news.yahoo.com/wingstop-ceo-thi ... 00176.html
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Wingstop Thighstop

Post by rwsandiego »

I bet I'm not the only one who sees "Wingstop Thighstop" and interprets it as "Wingstop Thingstop." :lol:
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Breaded deep fried chicken thigh tossed in sauce is already the make up of most of the crispy chicken item menu at various Chinese restaurants.

Wing Stop is already quite slow to put out orders. Adding additional meat types to the menu and further complicating the operation is not going to help this matter any. And it will be impossible to determine if you got the right meat type in your order until you get home and try to consume it.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:19 pm Breaded deep fried chicken thigh tossed in sauce is already the make up of most of the crispy chicken item menu at various Chinese restaurants.

Wing Stop is already quite slow to put out orders. Adding additional meat types to the menu and further complicating the operation is not going to help this matter any. And it will be impossible to determine if you got the right meat type in your order until you get home and try to consume it.
This is only available through Doordash at this time. There was a great promotion and I tried it out, I think it is a great solution to the wing shortage. The meat was juicy and the skin was crispy just like good wings. I did notice that the usual Wing Stop menu was not entirely available when you ordered under Thigh Stop. A few less flavors of chicken (maybe some didn't work well with the thighs) but what bugged me was that you could not get the cheese sauce for the fries. Not sure why they decided that they had to do the thighs as a completely different branded storefront. Maybe they're testing to see if they can get away with some item reductions (like no loaded fries or cheese fries) so they can better maintain the operation with the thighs that take longer to cook? If you placed a Wing Stop branded order the cheese was available. And they were coming from the same address.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:19 pm
Wing Stop is already quite slow to put out orders.
The local franchisee in my area has trained all the cashiers to tell the customer that the wings take 9 minutes to "fry to order.". I figure thighs are going to be closer to 20 which is why they are going to be delivery only and they won't let you order wings at the same time (making an entire second storefront on Doordash to ensure this). They initially tested with in store ordering before rolling nationally in this Doordash only format.

BJ's restaurants recently added thighs and priced cheaper than wings. Now they say they're sold out of wings most days.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: June 27th, 2021, 11:48 pm
The local franchisee in my area has trained all the cashiers to tell the customer that the wings take 9 minutes to "fry to order.". I figure thighs are going to be closer to 20 which is why they are going to be delivery only and they won't let you order wings at the same time (making an entire second storefront on Doordash to ensure this). They initially tested with in store ordering before rolling nationally in this Doordash only format.

BJ's restaurants recently added thighs and priced cheaper than wings. Now they say they're sold out of wings most days.
I haven't been to Wing Stop since the COVID Pandemic started but before that the locations in my area always quoted strange wait times like 12 minutes, 17 minutes, 19 minutes, etc. Then they usually took a few minutes longer. They definitely put out food that is cooked fresh to order, so I usually took whatever wait time they gave me and added 5-10 minutes to it go to pick it up. That seemed to work pretty well for wing only orders. Probably wouldn't have worked well for orders with fries. Wing Stop historically has gotten a high volume of phone orders and the orders seem to take a minute or two, so it seems like taking those phone orders sort of messes up the flow of the staff in the locations. Moving to getting more and more folks to order online will really help the unit level labor at Wing Stop locations.