Chuck E Cheese Selling Frozen Pizzas

Alpha8472

Chuck E Cheese Selling Frozen Pizzas

Post by Alpha8472 »

Kroger is selling Chuck E Cheese frozen pizzas nationwide for $6.99. The two flavors are cheese and pepperoni.

It may be cheaper to buy these than to go to the restaurant.
storewanderer

Re: Chuck E Cheese Selling Frozen Pizzas

Post by storewanderer »

I don't think this was a place ever known for great pizza...

Why would someone buy this?
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: July 16th, 2021, 5:45 pm I don't think this was a place ever known for great pizza...

Why would someone buy this?
Because they hate their kids? 🤔
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

We already have Taco Bell branded Mexican foods on the shelves, Olive Garden branded salad dressings, Einstein Bros. Frozen Bagels, Even Whataburger spicy ketchup and Chik-Fil-A dipping sauces- all on the shelves of the grocery store.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

jamcool wrote: July 16th, 2021, 8:48 pm We already have Taco Bell branded Mexican foods on the shelves, Olive Garden branded salad dressings, Einstein Bros. Frozen Bagels, Even Whataburger spicy ketchup and Chik-Fil-A dipping sauces- all on the shelves of the grocery store.
As well as White Castle hamburgers, Boston Market entrees, TGI Fridays appetizers, Checkers fries, Nathan's items, among others I'm sure!

I always liked the Taco Bell taco kits as a kid.

I also used to hear Chuck E Cheezes' pizza was like cardboard, never went to one though.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Maybe just one of those things - you know how some kids can be and will only eat something if it's x brand...

So this is an option for those parents when they can't bring the kid to the restaurant (either too costly with the addition of the games etc. or just not physically able to with any remaining restrictions, depending when they were first out there), bring the food to the kid?

Or they had a backlog of supply during limited operations and figured this would be a way to salvage it, by making and freezing the pizzas?
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

jamcool wrote: July 16th, 2021, 8:48 pm We already have Taco Bell branded Mexican foods on the shelves, Olive Garden branded salad dressings, Einstein Bros. Frozen Bagels, Even Whataburger spicy ketchup and Chik-Fil-A dipping sauces- all on the shelves of the grocery store.
Good bet that a single company is behind the licensing deal for most of these.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

BillyGr wrote: July 18th, 2021, 11:52 am Maybe just one of those things - you know how some kids can be and will only eat something if it's x brand...

So this is an option for those parents when they can't bring the kid to the restaurant (either too costly with the addition of the games etc. or just not physically able to with any remaining restrictions, depending when they were first out there), bring the food to the kid?

Or they had a backlog of supply during limited operations and figured this would be a way to salvage it, by making and freezing the pizzas?
I never heard anyone excited about the food at Chuck E Cheese. Even as a kid, I thought the pizza was terrible (worse than the school lunch pizza) but still liked to go there due to the arcade games/tickets. Parents did not really like to go there because the food wasn't good and atmosphere was too chaotic.