Restaurant Supply Problems & Food Shortages

Alpha8472

Restaurant Supply Problems & Food Shortages

Post by Alpha8472 »

I went to a busy McDonald's in a Walmart today. The scene was chaotic as in you were smashed against a wall due to wall to wall people.

They ran out of food bags and paper towels and had to buy paper bags from Walmart to use. So you got a piece of a paper towel roll to use.

My sandwich had fragments of a tomato instead of real slices. It looked really bad and I felt ripped off.

I also noticed that Jack in the Box was out of the Sourdough Jack, chicken nuggets, and tenders. This chicken shortage has been going on for a long time. Popeye's just started serving nuggets. Perhaps Popeye's took all of the chicken.
storewanderer

Re: Restaurant Supply Problems & Food Shortages

Post by storewanderer »

Was in US Foods Chef Store today and it was stocked just fine- no giant holes anywhere, looked how it always looks (some empty spots here and there). Signs up all over stating limit 5 cases per customer of all items.

Pallets all over the place including in refrigerated meat/dairy and produce that needed to be stocked. Only had two employees working in the whole store, so not enough staffing to get restocked. Everything including the various US Foods private label items had Unified (since Supervalu and UNFI never even did any system updates from the Unified days) order tags on the boxes.