Wendy's New Hot & Crispy Fry Guarantee

Alpha8472

Wendy's New Hot & Crispy Fry Guarantee

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wendy's has a new fry recipe where they batter the fries so that they stay hot and crispy longer. This is due to the increase in delivery orders where people get their food later. The company guarantees that your fries are hot and crispy or they will replace them if you bring them back.

I tried them and they were crispy and hotter longer. There is less potato flavor and more of a fried batter flavor.
storewanderer

Re: Wendy's New Hot & Crispy Fry Guarantee

Post by storewanderer »

I can't wait to see implementation of this guarantee.

Order at 3:45 PM. Receive fries at 3:46 PM that were probably cooked... a while ago. Go back at 3:50 and tell them you don't like the fries and want to take them up on the guarantee. What do they do? Give you another box of fries from the same batch that has been sitting there since you arrived (now even longer).

I'm not really sure if I've received new fries or not. There is no marketing, etc. at the local locations about new fries as of last week. Maybe that changed this week. But I find their fries to be quite passable in general, but often on the limp side and not fresh. I have noticed Wendys rarely shakes fries while cooking.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

There are new paper bags and new lighted signs at the drive thru advertising the guarantee. The free baconator fries offer is on their app. It is a good deal.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: October 13th, 2021, 10:14 pm There are new paper bags and new lighted signs at the drive thru advertising the guarantee. The free baconator fries offer is on their app. It is a good deal.
That free Baconator fries offer has been in the app for the past 3 years; it seems to refresh every week. For a while last summer, it had some other topped fry, I forget what it was.

I did see signs today at Wendy's about the new hot and crispy fry guarantee. I got to have a good look in drive through at them since the interior was closed again during lunch. No signs other than a big banner that said "DINING ROOM OPEN" and the app also showed both dining room and to go areas open. But it was locked. There were at least 6 employees inside. I think they simply do not want to deal with customers inside. While enjoying lunch in the parking lot, I did observe an employee spend 10 minutes out at the dumpster messing around on a cell phone.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

Alpha8472 wrote: October 13th, 2021, 10:14 pm There are new paper bags and new lighted signs at the drive thru advertising the guarantee. The free baconator fries offer is on their app. It is a good deal.
As mentioned in a comment above, but just to add, 'Baconator' fries freebie has been around for a long time now. I think they were called 'Pub Fries' previously. It got me thinking though, I occasionally get them and I wonder if they are just 'old' french fries that they put the toppings on and sit under heat lamps.