KFC Taco Bell Combos

Alpha8472

KFC Taco Bell Combos

Post by Alpha8472 »

A KFC Taco Bell combination restaurant in San Francisco got rid of the Taco Bell portion on September 16.

Is this happening at any other places? These combination restaurants seem to be disappearing.

I would have thought that Taco Bell would bring in more customers. Why would they keep the less popular KFC?

It used to be open until Midnight when it was KFC & Taco Bell. Now it is open limited hours and has fewer employees.

This restaurant was always very busy with long wait times. The dining area is the size of a living room. There is no drive thru.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on October 17th, 2021, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: KFC Taco Bell Combos

Post by Brian Lutz »

There are still a couple of combination Taco Bell/KFC locations in Seattle (one on Queen Anne Hill, one in SODO) but both Taco Bell and KFC have only a handful of locations within Seattle itself, although there are a fair number in the surrounding area. In general it seems that most combination stores have reverted to a single brand. Combination KFC/Long John Silver's locations have all reverted to KFC only. There are a couple of combination KFC\A&W locations remaining, but all of the combination Taco Bell \ Pizza Hut locations here (which were really just Taco Bells with 3 different Personal Pan Pizzas and breadsticks on the menu) have dropped Pizza Hut.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

The Taco Bell in Oceanside, CA (Plaza Dr) got rid of its Pizza Hut portion recently.

Are there still any KenTacoHut's left?
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I have heard of this happening in scattered locations throughout the US.

It is possible someone is going to operate new Taco Bell units nearby.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: October 17th, 2021, 5:40 pm The Taco Bell in Oceanside, CA (Plaza Dr) got rid of its Pizza Hut portion recently.

Are there still any KenTacoHut's left?
I have always wanted to see a KenTacoHut in person. The combination of decors looks cool. I also like the 3 separate dining rooms of some of those combination restaurants.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

We still have one Taco Bell/ Long John Silvers combo in this area (in fact, the only LJS location in the vicinity, the next one is about 90 minutes away).

That one is across the street from a former standard Walmart store that opened with a KFC/Taco Bell Express as their food (rather than the common Radio Grill of the time).

The same town had a full Pizza Hut (closed some time ago) and has an A&W (which is part of a building with a gas station, but a separate space and has a drive thru) - that is also the only A&W in this vicinity (again, others are a similar 90 minute trip). Long ago there was a KFC in the same plaza that now has the Taco/LJS, but a different now demolished building.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

I'm only familiar with one of the combination KFC/Taco Bells in Seattle (the SODO location) and it has half-and-half decor on the outside of the building, but the interior is 100% KFC. The combination KFC/A&W in South Everett does have half-and-half KFC/A&W decor on the inside of the building though. I don't go to this one often because the prices are usually signicantly higher than other KFCs in the area.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

There is a unit that was built in Reno, NV as a KFC/A&W combo. They got rid of the A&W probably 15 years ago but the inside still has a good amount of A&W decor (none says A&W anymore).
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

storewanderer wrote: October 18th, 2021, 11:17 pm There is a unit that was built in Reno, NV as a KFC/A&W combo. They got rid of the A&W probably 15 years ago but the inside still has a good amount of A&W decor (none says A&W anymore).
I can imagine the only reason why people go to A&W restaurants at this point is for the root beer. Although you can buy bottled A&W root beer anywhere that sells groceries...
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: October 18th, 2021, 11:21 pm
storewanderer wrote: October 18th, 2021, 11:17 pm There is a unit that was built in Reno, NV as a KFC/A&W combo. They got rid of the A&W probably 15 years ago but the inside still has a good amount of A&W decor (none says A&W anymore).
I can imagine the only reason why people go to A&W restaurants at this point is for the root beer. Although you can buy bottled A&W root beer anywhere that sells groceries...
May just depend on where they are. For instance, the one I mentioned above is on one of two roads that lead into the small city (and is really the only food place on that route), while Burger King, McDonalds (when not closed for replacement) the Taco/LJS etc. are on a different street.

Thus, depending on where people are coming from, they may pick one over the other out of convenience (even though they aren't that far apart).