Shawarma Press in Walmart Stores

Alpha8472

Shawarma Press in Walmart Stores

Post by Alpha8472 »

Shawarma Press has obtained the abandoned McDonald's spaces in many Walmart stores. They are planning a huge expansion serving shawarma. This is not the typical fast food place you would expect in a Walmart. There were about 700 McDonald's inside of Walmart stores.

It may be a shift to higher quality fast casual food.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on November 11th, 2021, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
bayford
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Re: Shwarma Press in Walmart Stores

Post by bayford »

As far as I can tell, they're only opening in 7 former Walmart McDonald's, primarily in Texas. The regional Walmarts I am familiar with that had a McDonald's mostly had that space filled by Domino's Pizza shortly after the McDonald's closed.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

As far as I'm aware, all of the former McDonald's spaces in Walmarts nearby have been covered up completely by walls, which leads me to believe that the stores themselves have taken over the space (most likely for storing pickup orders.)A few locations with Subways in them still have those operating.
Last edited by Brian Lutz on November 9th, 2021, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Some Walmart stores have turned them into vaccination clinics with temporary walls.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

The four McDonalds that closed in Wal Marts in my area this year, were not walled off, they just have the chain/gates covering the spaces. The spaces are entirely empty of any equipment, but not gutted (the walls/flooring from McDonalds remain). One of these was remodeled within the past two years so it is funny to see that empty. I am told McDonalds is exiting most of the non-traditional locations and franchisees are pushing it with the labor shortages. For instance the McDonalds in Downtown Reno also recently closed (a notorious place).