McDonalds Shake Fries

arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: McDonalds Shake Fries

Post by arizonaguy »

McDonald's can't go back to its roots and simplify its menu too much as it would alienate more customers than it would attract.

Customers who want to go somewhere for a burger have more fast food and fast casual choices now than ever. Unless McDonalds were to increase its quality standards significantly, these customers will still choose other restaurants.
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

Personally, I think McDonald's made the mistake of trying to roll out the whole "i'm loving it" campaign, remodeling, and rolling out McCafé. Tight situation they've gotten in, methinks.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I think their prices have gotten too high in some markets. The McDonalds near my house charges $3.69 for an Egg McMuffin. The one about 2 miles the other direction from my house charges $3.19 for that same Egg McMuffin. The one closest to where I work charges $3.49 for that same Egg McMuffin. The hamburger combo meals and chicken combo meals are all over $7 with tax and this is an absolutely terrible value for the quality of what they serve and the portion sizes. These meals shouldn't cost much over $5.

Problem is, that Egg McMuffin isn't all that different from a Breakfast Jack and every Jack in the Box in town sells that item for $1.29.

McDonalds lately has some sort of instant win game with football shaped stickers attached to the drink cup. I have one of these and it says I won a free medium fries with AWV of $1.79. I don't know where that item is $1.79 but it sure isn't here. Here, the medium fries are $2.29. In California recently I was in a McDonalds that was charging $2.49 for medium fries. This is just too much money for the portion size they are offering.