Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. No non-grocery posts.
Our original Winn Dixie opened in 1983. It got a very minor remodel in the early 2000s. Then in 2008 it received a thorough remodel, inside and out, which was the last time it was updated. Other than the outside getting new colors last year.
The other Winn Dixie was originally a Kash N Karry from the mid 80s that received an expansion and remodel in the early 2000s. Then it was renovated again when it changed to the Sweetbay banner in 2004. When Winn Dixie moved in during 2014 they updated a few things and made some repairs but left it mostly the same. I think the idea was not to alienate Sweetbay's customers. Last year it was remodeled to the red, white and black decor that Winn Dixie currently uses.
Two stores have closed:
- WInn-DIxie #622, Largo Village Shopping Center, 11912 Seminole Blvd, Largo, Florida 33778-2803
- BI-LO #5168, Mountain Creek Plaza, 366 Russ Avenue, Waynesville, North Carolina 28786-2905
I do not know if Southeastern Grocers paid its debt on Friday. 15 February.
How does a bankrupt entity like Southeastern Grocers update stores and remain operational? Lone Star Funds could be using funds from other sources to keep Southeastern Grocers afloat.
I will need to spend time checking out present facts and figures for Southeastern Grocers. Information I would like to seek:
- Number of stores in each state
- Number of stores by banner
- Number of stores by banner in each state
- Number of pharmacies in each state