A7P 1s PATHMARK division IN Red INK

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont. No non-grocery posts.
maynesg
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

A7P 1s PATHMARK division IN Red INK

Post by maynesg »

Hi, According to Supermarket News . Pathmark due to Agressive pricing is losing money and at the same time has notpicked up significant Market sharte in New York or Philadelphia. What is even stranger A@P!s traditional stores (A&P and Super Fresh, Waldbaums all made money. All I can figure is that the customers are cherry picking Pathmarks ad, and heading back to their favorite grocer.
Om a recent trip to the Newark Pathmark my wife and I spent 79 dollars on meat only to have the cashier thank me for our purchase and inform us that we saved 90 dollarson our purchase! tHEY WOULD BEBETTER OFF GIVING THE STUFF WAY FOR FREE ! AND SAVING THEM SELVES THE COST OF LABOR .
apteafan
Cart Collector
Cart Collector

Re: A7P 1s PATHMARK division IN Red INK

Post by apteafan »

Pathmark division of Great A&P is indeed having problems. The verdict is still out on this two year old acquisition.

Sometimes there is a blur between A&P Waldbaum's and Super Fresh and Pathmark and Food Basics.

You really can save money at A&P, Super Fresh, and waldbaum's, but you have to use all of your tools, competitor's coupons, internet coupons, zavers, must clip coupons, the works.

Doing so can lead to significant savings over Pathmark.

However Pathmark''s 77 cents promotions are unbeatable, and shoppers wait in anticipation for these special must buy 10 mix or match, limit two offers, promotional events.